Silver surpasses 15.00 an ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by danisanub, Aug 13, 2009.

1. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

The only way that might happen is if the US mint goes back to silver coinage ;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

4. PeacePeople

I think it would drop under $900 if the economy made some kind of massive comeback. Many people that invested as a safeguard against currency would feel a bit more safe and sell off parts of their invesments. I don't think that will happen any time soon, but I could see that scenario playing out in the future.

5. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I think by the time that recovery happens, the inflation of the dollar would still make gold above 900$

6. Dammage

Dammage Junior Member

I would buy but even buying 1/2 ounce coins costs a good amount. I save $1000 cash a month and only have $500 left for traditional investments plus $200 for bullion. Maybe I'll start buying 1/2 ounce coins.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

and then falls like a rock:

8. krispy

krispy krispy

You bettcha!

9. PeacePeople

There are about 2 hours left.

Does the dumping continue and it fall to 14.50 to 14.60 or will it stabilize and stay at 14.61 or more? My guess is it will stabilize, not enough gain to justify selling right now. JMO

10. krispy

krispy krispy

I feel today will stablize, dip early next week then climb by weeks end again. Just my 2¢

11. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

Ended at 14.71, I think by wednesday it'll be passed 15.50.

Friday was a result of dumping to make some quick cash, just as a few people predicted

12. PeacePeople

Just a thought, but I think this will not repeat itself next week. My guess is it will remain stable in the mid 14's or even fall back into the low 14 or high 13 range. I think that patter will remain for the rest of the month as well.

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

This first chart shows the GLD (Gold) ETF vs. the 10-Year Treasury Note. The inverse relationship through 2008 is what I would expect to see...the effect of the commodity's carry trade on inventories.

Around January of 2009, the chart reverses itself and gold begins moving in tandum with the 10-Year Note.

[​IMG]

The SLV (Silver) ETF vs. the 10-Year Treasury Note shows it even better.

[​IMG]

Since industrial production is down, I'm guessing the reversal most likely reflects a move out of dollars and into commodities (in this case Gold and Silver). These types of charts are helpful (to me, anyway) in predicting intermediate price trends.

...but I could be wrong. :goofer:

14. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

well. big down day for everything i guess. stock market predicted to go back down 25% to 50% from its current high.

15. krispy

krispy krispy

Anyone who saved their dough last week can get some better deals today during the sell off.

16. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I wish I didn't buy my quarter oz of gold last week :mad:

17. krispy

krispy krispy

LOL! Live and learn, but don't regret that too fast, perhaps in even not that long term, you will be happy you bought when you did. Hold on to it.

18. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

True, I plan on holding on to it for a rainy day (or when I buy a new car in november :D), but I'll probably have it for many years to come

19. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

instead of going up $1.00. it went down $1.00.

20. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

yay!! drop like a rock so I can buy alot!!

21. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

Well it seems silver's hit a bottom, predictions of how it'll fare from here?

Draft saved Draft deleted