Silver rounds for collecting.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Johndoe2000$, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Hello all, I thought it would be cool to start a thread about collectable silver rounds, or bars, as well as post pics. I'm referring to non-denomination pieces, not actual so-called currency like SAEs, Maples, etc...
    I'll start with a newer release. The Destiny knight, or Destiny 2oz. series. I really like these, and believe they are worth the premium. Next up in the series is the Dragon.
    There are many to choose from, so let's see them.
    (sellers pics.)
    s-l400 (8).jpg s-l400 (9).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Here's another new one. The four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. From Provident. First in the series.
    white-horse-of-conquest.jpg common-reverse_20.jpg (Sellers pics)

4. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

How about Halley's Comet?
    Halley Comet Silver Rounds2.jpg

5. Johndoe2000$

The ones I posted are available in proof, and antique finish also.

6. Johndoe2000$

Will be pics coming soon.

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover Active Member

HO HO HO. Sorry for the ugly plastic sleeve cover, I'll see if I can find an airtite in better condition.

IMG_8032.JPG

longnine009 and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  8. Johndoe2000$

I like these older bars. Nostalgia I guess.

9. Prime Mover

I have a soft spot for these as well. Ridiculous premiums on them, but then again, it's not just bullion to me.

IMG_4324.JPG

SilverSurfer415 and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  10. Johndoe2000$

What's not to like about Dragons? Cool collection of them.

Prime Mover likes this.
  11. Prime Mover

True, they're much cooler than rabbits, horses, ox, etc... :)

I just ordered the Queen's beasts (with the special deal from the other thread), so I'll take a shot of those when I get them in hopefully this week.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  12. Johndoe2000$

s-l400 (16).jpg s-l400 (17).jpg
    Number two in the series. They share the same reverse. Again, they come in BU, antique, and proof. The antique version is best IMO, but costs quite a bit more. You can purchase directly from the producers at " THEDESTINYCOIN.COM" fast, free shipping (over $100) friendly, and communication was excellent. Check em out.

Silverino, Clawcoins and mpcusa like this.
  13. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That is a really cool coin :) may i ask how much over spot did you pay ??

14. Johndoe2000$

You can see the prices at the site I listed above. But I'll tell you what the BU ones are going for. First was the Raven( called Manchurian Knight, or such) $52. The second one "Dragon" $55. Total $107 delivered. Seems a bit steep I know, but they are 2oz., and high relief, very detailed. If you split the price to 1oz. Is only $26/$27.50. For some reason, it just seems better then. LOL. Anyway, better than the Queens Beast coins. IMO. Check out their website for more details.

15. mpcusa

I will for sure check that out, question, is that premium still there when you go to sell ? i just bought a 1 OZ Silver Krugerrand and again probably paid to much
    around $54 and this is strictly a bullion coin but still real pretty.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  16. Johndoe2000$

These are limited to 10,000 BU, and 2500 for the other types. Although a new company, they have very strong offerings. They don't however have the fan base of the Krugerand. Nobody can predict the future though. These are collector rounds, not a generic. I wouldn't advise purchasing these if premium over spot is the most important reason. They do have 2oz. of silver for the intrinsic value though. Again, this is a new company. Will they continue the quality, and subject matter? Only time will tell. Basically,$7-$8 per oz. Over spot now. I've seen much worse for much more. Most importantly, enjoy the high relief details, and quality, some of the best I've ever seen. I will say that after having them in hand, I really wish I would have gotten the 3pc. sets, with all finishes. Oh yeah, they do have 1rst strike sets (first 100 struck) with matching serial numbers, if that's your thing. Happy hunting.
    John.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Prime Mover likes this.
  17. mpcusa

i like the idea that there limited in production, that always helps the price stay
    steady or go up over time, to many companies produce way to much just to
    Inflate there own profit margins not really caring about it in any other way :(

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  18. Johndoe2000$

The third in the series is supposed to be available in September, if interested.

19. mpcusa

Do they have pics posted ?

20. Johndoe2000$

21. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted