Silver on its way to $80 an ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mrbrklyn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Those who want a Silver currency are actually vampires trying to get it all off the market.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

I believe it is somewhere around 1 billion oz. (refined above ground silver).

4. lonegunlawyer

If silver were the currency to be used, it may actually be a way of detecting vamps.

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

divided by 1.43 billion vamps that comes to...

6. lonegunlawyer

Again, it seems to me mass quantities of fast flying hot lead is the answer to any possible undesirable vamp infestations.

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

that is your choice. Glad I'm not your wife in need of your protection.

8. lonegunlawyer

It would seem to me that even though lead may not deal death to a vamp at the molecular level, a vamp head isn't going anywhere once its legs are cut out from beneath it. Besides, no well trained person need depend on a spouse for protection.

What was the original question to this thread?

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

It was a statement, not a question.

10. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

I bet he's glad you're not his wife for many other reasons. :D

11. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

As we all are.

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Don't ask, don't tell.

13. lonegunlawyer

Silver at $80/oz. It is a possibility if yearly demand continues to outstrip production.

From 2002 through 2009, the yearly demand did not increase/decrease significantly from year to year. However, in 2010 the yearly demand rose 15%. In 2011 total demand was 12% higher than 2009.

The rise of silver prices over the past couple of years was simply cause by slightly decreased production, and increased industrial and investment demand.

Based on the foregoing silver may hit $80/oz. but it will take time. I think the major jump occurred. However, if silver becomes highly sought after in China, India, and the Middle East, then silver could see another quick rise.

My singular humble opinion which I am sure may be read, but not considered seriously.

14. lonegunlawyer

Funny, funny, funny.

15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Of course its going to $80, $100, $500, $1000 and ounce. The biggest question is WHEN. Does $80 an ounce do you much good if bread costs $25 a loaf? :)

16. lonegunlawyer

I just noticed that a big increase in the silver demand for coins/medals yearly since 2007 (almost 200% increase 2007 to 2011).

The 2007 silver demand for coins/medals was approx. 39.7 mil. oz., 65.3 in 2008, 78.8 in 2009, 99.4 in 2010, and 118.2 in 2011. I would guess that other than silver clad type coins world wide, the majority of the increases are for .9999 coins made for collectors/investors.

17. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Oh please. Stop with the excuses.

18. lonegunlawyer

Is there an approximate time frame to said prices?

19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

YES YES YES, when the End of the World Comes and the VAMPIRES Take OVER. Can not ANYONE read?

20. lonegunlawyer

Are we talking 100-200 years from now?

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Fatima said it was right around the corner as the dollar is being trashed.

Draft saved Draft deleted