Silver on its way to $80 an ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mrbrklyn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. fatima

fatima Junior Member

OK my bad.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

how good is your aim when running from vampires?

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Nue?

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Most in this neighborhood have several.

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Who's to say. When you think about it, it seems to be the most sensible thread in this section for many years.

7. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Why would I be shooting at a vampire?

Besides, I have an autoimmune disorder. If the Red Cross won't take my blood, what makes you think a vampire would want it?

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

sorry :( On a lighter note though, it sounds like you are your own worse enemy.

Also, if it is autoimmune, it won't bother vampires, unless you are one....and that would explain a lot.

9. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I think he's referring to the phenomenon that if one were to sell gold at the NY open and buy back at the close every day over the last decade they would be richer than any single stock or commodity could have made them.

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

So would your broker.

that is mathematically meaningless

11. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Did you forget what the topic is of this thread that you started? I don't think you're in any position to critize something as meaningless.

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I understand. Buy at night and selling in the morning is a subset of a general upward trend. If the trend was down, it would also be down, and therefor I said that buying at night and selling in the morning is mathematically useless (you however are indispensable). As for this being off topic, sorry, you are 100% correct.

13. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Really? Is there something that shows this? If there is a link I would like to see it. Also, is it just the past decade or longer?

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

The trend since 436 BC is not good as one sheckel of silver was only a sheckel then.

15. fatima

fatima Junior Member

You only have to look at spot gold for the last 24 hours to see this. It's quite glaring today.

16. Blaubart

But for the two days previous, you would have lost money...

17. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Inflexion stated its proven this action would make you wealthier than any stock or commodity during the same period. I simply asked for proof of that. Also, I would hope they accounted for the brokerage fees and potential dividends from stocks in that analysis.

Ruben also had a great point about a generally rising market in this time frame. I would also be interested if the same were true of the 10 years before this period as well.

I am asking since implying X is "proving" market manipulation should be examined and not taken as proven fact.

18. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Sin Curves are a function of a circle.

19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Some charts may differ a little , especially in representation of the data on the x,y ( time, price), but leave off the z ( volume) entirely. The volume during the asian and european markets for silver for instance last night averaged less than 50 contracts per hour with an outlier of 257 contracts at 7AM East. Only when premarket opened did the large drops happen, with contracts averaging over 250 per minute ( not hr as before) and most were selling contracts, but the market recoverd in silver before the retail open at 9:30 East. , but is headed back down again, so the big sellers onthe pre-market seemed to have gauged the market correctly. IMO.

Jim

20. fatima

fatima Junior Member

No doubt as this is obvious. However the statement wasn't concerned with individual days. I only mentioned it as an example of how the classic curve looks. If you want to know more, there are plenty of internet web pages devoted to the topic.

21. Blaubart

Not today it isn't...

Silver Price.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted