Silver on its way to $80 an ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mrbrklyn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

It is not a conspiracy theory. Its true.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Lets not go badmouthing conspiracy theories. Given enough time, most of them turn out to be true.

4. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Oh yeah, I forgot........

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Yeah? And you point is?

6. areich

areich America*s Darling

connect the dots

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

[​IMG]

8. areich

areich America*s Darling

[video=youtube;Y82FiSnAoDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82FiSnAoDQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

9. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

10. areich

areich America*s Darling

See - I told you Zombies were real.

11. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Who said they weren't :)

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

That was me. And an alagorical example is not a scientific proof.

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Clearly an act of deception, perpetrated by the vampires, to divert attention away from their nocturnal comings and goings. It doesn't take much to confuse a French-Canadian...eh?

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

French Canadian is not an oxymoron?

15. areich

areich America*s Darling

Not in the world of vampires. French vampires never tried to secede from the union. Vampires are very tolerant in that way.

16. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I haven't got a copy of Black's Law Dictionary, but assuming this link is accurate that would be the appropriate dictionary to use. And considering face value of American Silver Eagles, while that may not meet the melt value it is still money.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_01/morgan071001.html

17. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I think we should just stop now. One can not predict how Vampires will behave at the coming apocalypse. All we can do is stock up on useful silver.

18. lonegunlawyer

The key is useful silver. What is useful silver? Surely not silver leaf?

19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Why is that the appropriate dictionary? Because it aligns with your opinion? I'll stick with Webster.
    Now the point you bring up is interesting, but it actually shows that silver is without question NOT money.

While the coin is meant to trade as bullion, the gov picked a number out of thin air and said, "This coin is legal tender and LET IT BE worth a dollar." Guess what that is. Fiat currency, no doubt about it. The fact that the raw material is worth more than the fiat value is not important. The fiat value is not tied in any way to the intrinsic value. If silver crashed to 10 cents an ounce - still worth a buck. For silver to become money the ASE's legal tender value would need to be tied to the price of silver which it is not.

Now back to Zombies. MR B. you are wrong, Zombies are real. I read about them on the Internet....

20. lonegunlawyer

For a silver coin not to be "fiat" currency, would we need to call it something other than a dollar?

21. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I agree, and I think the folks here should let you have the last post since you had the foresight to start it. But it won't die, just like the vampires in the discussion. So I think you should reply and that everyone else should stop posting. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted