Silver: Minted vs Generic rounds

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by EB31, May 28, 2015.

1. EB31

EB31 New Member

What's more your style and why?

Personally, silver is silver. I go with generic rounds. Bulk is better. Exactly the opposite with gold, where I prefer minted.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

There is the issue of authenticity with silver rounds, China is sending us tons of fakes . I prefer good old pre-64 90% silver Franklin halves and Wash. quarters.

4. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Minted and readily identifiable for me. 90% or ASEs. I don't like generic rounds or bars because of, counterfeiters and I think Maples are ugly. Gold would be the same except I would be more open to some non U.S. gold.

5. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Counterfeiters are mopping up Fiat all the time, over 3 types already out in the public with 100 Dollar Bills and I take 100 Dollar Notes at the store for cash back.

The key is not to buy one or the other the key is you knowing what you have and being able to explain the Real and the Fake to the buyer's down the line that simple so the answer for me is buy both if you understand what you are buying and may plan on selling down the line.

6. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

:down the line:

what does that mean?

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Down the line means at a later date. A very common term, at least to most.

8. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

OK, I thought you meant after the collapse when we're buying a loaf of bread with a mercury dime.

9. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

@FryDaddyJr,Burger/Loaf of Bread with a Mercury Dime from Down the Line really are you angry Mr.Fry? Is this the way, should I expected a High Minted and Cir Silver Coin to be, just 10x to 16x its Value down the line.

I think not Mr.Fry try 30x to 60x. Are we all just going to stop and say you know what Silver will not be $100-$300 oz down the line because about 6 people on a site called Coin Talk think not or like to say not.

Down the Line 5 years to 30years is that better would you all like to argue for the next 5 to 30 years over Silver and where it should be any given day or year down the line.

Do you and others now get it I will not argue endless points that you all will never understand or agree with. Negative and Nasty comments are bring this board down each and every day as the Public reads the Bullion Boards.

Do you all think the 1000's of folks buying Silver are all wrong or do you believe the Millions that do not buy it are all right because the More that goes in one direction must be the ones going in the right direction.

This is for Bullion Investors, if you do not pay attention to Reports, Meets and Events of the Week you are not going to understand why your PM's are down. I see a few members over and over in the dark its not rocket science folks. Have strong hands and you will win in the end.

10. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I've edited thousands of books over the years, yet that last post is indecipherable in any language.

11. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

strong hands? lol

Draft saved Draft deleted