Silver Krugerrand

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SavageFountain, Apr 24, 2017.

1. SavageFountain

SavageFountain Active Member

I saw some silver Krugerrands the other day and thought it would be a cool addition to my collection. My pockets aren't quite deep enough for a Gold Krugerrand.....So my real question is what would you guys pay for one? I have seen prices all over the board as I scanned the web.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I paid $129 for mine--slabbed SP70.

4. Manfred1

Manfred1 New Member

5. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Wow, I wish I could sell Silver for $77 an ounce. If it cost me $30 to make one Krugerrand I still walk away with $30 profit per ounce. But if I put it in a slab with
    a different color paper, ...

6. Manfred1

Manfred1 New Member

Hi Alurid

I agree, that is why i did not buy one until now ... maybe later stage for collection.

7. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

IMO, ASE's, Maple's, Kruger's have no Numistmatic value and are for bullion investment only. And I'm just not that kind of guy.

8. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

There are exceptions to every rule.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It doesn't matter to me if it's a Krugerrand or not. It's silver and silver was $17.84 this morning. I could buy 4 ounces of silver at that price.

10. Odomax

Odomax Member

SD Bullion has raw for 58 and change, cheapest I've seen

11. Manfred1

Manfred1 New Member

Guys, i'm a "newbie" at this site and it seems that this is turning into an argument.

Forget about the Krugers, i only tried to help out with info ...

My last words to Collecting Nut ... would you rather buy 4 ounces of silver instead of one ounce silver coin with a mintage of say 500? This is a "Coin" site, and not a "investment" site. You will never buy any coin from any minting company at spot price.

12. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Well, I wonder if any con artists out there are already buying these up, inflating the price, planning on gold plating them in an effort to pass them on as gold. Few have seen silver ones, many are perhaps not aware they exist. Any reports about this yet?
    Steve

MrBubs likes this.
  13. ungawhaa

ungawhaa Member

If a silver Krugerrand sold for $77.00 in S. Africa I think $59.95 is a good price
    As a collector I think having one or two is ok

14. silversiren

silversiren Active Member

15. ungawhaa

ungawhaa Member

I have one raw and one slabbed SP70, its the 50th annv. of the Krugerrand. Its nice to have one

16. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

$25 Shipped ? point me in that direction !!

17. silversiren

It is a timeframe, not just a direction. Please pay closer attention to what I've posted previously.

18. mpcusa

$25 shipped, maybe a better explanation on your end would help, if your implying
    That,s what you would pay ??

19. silversiren

You are such a wonderful person, sincere, honest and rational based on all your previous posts on this topic. I think it's only a matter of time before you are proven right, and I am proven wrong regarding the future prospects of the PU Silver Krugerrand, and when the time comes, please go easy on me and don't follow up with a "TOLD YA SO". Thank you so very much for your time!

20. mpcusa

LOL :)

21. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Hahahaha unless you order a case at bullion price , it's not cost or near spot

Draft saved Draft deleted