Silver is Going Up in Price, Will the Premiums Start to Come Down?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Jul 11, 2020.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Spot is industrial/jewelry users and market participants. The US mint would be a participant, not someone buying a monster box, let alone a few ASEs

It really is not a great market reference point for our area of PM, but it's better than any others we could use.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

It's the reference point that is used, but it's usually spot + premium. Supply and demand usually determine the premium amount. Right now the premium is very high. As I recall, a year ago you could buy maples and phils at +$1.49 to 1.99 if you shopped around online, maybe even less. ASEs usually in the +$1.99 to $2.99 at that time. At this time that's the range of premium for generics. How long that lasts is anybody's guess.

I'm not a buyer at these premiums. Whether that is wise or not is to be determined, but I just can't see paying that.

4. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

I thought Canadian Maples are better (more silver) than American. But American's cost more?
    Or maybe I'm thinking of the gold content difference.

5. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Not as far as premium is concerned. ASEs almost always have a higher premium than bullion issue Maples in the USA. Same with gold as far as I know....even though the gold maples are .999 the total AGW is the same

6. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

people have gotten really stupid about junk dollars this year. I bought a bunch of morgans earlier this year at 16 each

7. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

How about 9 Morgan's for $22. LOL! Is this place a scam or what?! People really fall for this?

8. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

That is Pricey... My Local is out of just about everything... Eagles were 24 beginning of last week and I would bet by tomorrow they are 25.

I know people on here dont follow it because for years it has been a total sham, still a sham, but Big HOME Investing Offices (millionaires up to 750M) are asking for delivery of the Open contracts. everyone is running scared, Virus, Economy is basically gonna STOP here... while elsewhere for the most part they have it under control.

Say you are worth 250M have several home and now the best you can do is 1% on a bond... The Dollar ? Hmmm.. Ok,,stocks but very risky... Where is your money safe. There is 8, 390,000 Millionaires in this country.

Just think about how fast both of these metals are going to dry up. Then you are past PEAK Gold... Things will be exciting for sure.

9. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

Pricey? It's so absurdly cheap that it has to be a scam!
    0.7734 silver per coin x 9 coins for under $22

10. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

All 9 ? I thought you were writing Per.... I thought they should be 14/15+ or so face value.

Maybe I am missing something ? Or just dont completely understand. If an Eagle is 26 today... Would not a 1 ounce round for about 21 / 22...
    Thus .77% of that should be the Price for "ONE"

I hope people are picking it up cheap... Things really are breaking down worldwide, Comex, London... A RE-Price is being talked about so that the crooked Banksters can Make money for free. The speed for which the prices have moved the past 2 months forces Shorts to get out of the game. They can no longer control the price at some point and baboom !!!!

11. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

Did you look at the web page? It's for all 9. Doesn't this reek of scam? I'd love to see someone order it and see what happens. Not me. :)

https://www.wish.com/product/5c777cf28dbadf0de3eddbf7?source=cart&share=web

Draft saved Draft deleted