Silver is Flat

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on this? I'm trying to decide if I should enter the silver game again.

ag0030lnb.gif

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

What's wrong with that?

Chris

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

The stock market is trading in a tight range. So are the bond markets. I suspect there's a certain amount of waiting for Election Day.

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I want to buy low. So I am actually hoping it goes down some.

I think it might get a little boost for election day then go down or remain flat.

6. cpm9ball

That's the problem! Everybody wants to buy cheap and sell when it hits $50. You should have bought in 2004.

Chris

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I bought in at the beginning of the year when it was $14.17. Sold at $19.15 beginning of this month. Trying to come up with a strategy. It seems to scale down at the end of the year but with the election that might not happen.

8. cpm9ball

People have been trying to work out a "system" ever since it hit $49 without any luck. You've been at it for 9-10 months. What makes you think you can come up with a system in such a short time?

I'll tell you what I did. I bought most of my junk silver when it was $5-$6 and sold it when it dropped to about $45. I quit while I was ahead. That doesn't mean that you or anyone else should stop searching rolls at face value, but speculating on where the market will go is just pure dumb luck.

Chris

9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I stack silver Coin Roll Hunting and buying bullion rounds and coins. From my 9-10 months I have learned some but as I keep going I guess it is dumb luck speculating. Right now I am just sitting on my CRH silver.

10. cpm9ball

There's nothing wrong with that since it only cost you face value. If it takes another 30 years to hit $50 again and you continue hoarding your CRH silver, you might have a great payday.

Chris

Mad Stax and Bman33 like this.
  11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

My mathematical equations have it doing 1 of 3 things
    1 - staying flat
    2 - going up, or
    3 - going down.

take your pick.
    Maybe, you know ... flip a coin ...

Bman33 likes this.
  12. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Markets are all flat. That,s music to my ears...the sign of a stable economy for once. It,s been awhile since things were solid, I hope it lasts!

13. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

EVERYBODY wants to buy low...the problem is (at least in stocks) it's been proven over and over again, that market timing is a loser. Most retail investors buy after the upturn.

14. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting DCA? I was fortunate to buy my first Silver purchase ever in January when it was at $14.27. I ran a DCA Scenario on a spread sheet that if I spent $360.00 a month on silver (every 7th DAy) my value per ounce would be $18.12.

15. fish4uinmd

Something like that. If you want to buy Ag as a hedge against inflation, you can buy the SLV ETF w/o actually holding ANY silver. If you like to feel the pretty, shiny metal, then, by all means, buy silver bars, ASE's and the like.

Santinidollar and Bman33 like this.
  16. fish4uinmd

And I for one, love the weight and feel of a nice silver

1939 D Walker obv 66 CAC.jpg coin.

Santinidollar and Bman33 like this.
  17. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I imagine my views on why would be edited, but there's been Dow 18k range bound trading for FAR too long to be normal. Magic drops to protect investment as soon as it gets above 18.5, and magic increases as soon as it drops below 18k.

I strongly suspect market manipulation by covert actions. It's just not normal.

I've been out of the market since early year - suspecting weirdness, and waiting for that magic "correction"

Pundits say don't time the market, but the historic numbers show that it can't go forward - because someone isn't letting it, and they're sure as hell protecting it from correcting.

Tinfoil hat time? Maybe - but don't say I didn't warn you.

If you make your own chart, and look at dow from Jan 2015 through current - you'll see lots of movement around centerline, and with the exception of 2 brief drops during the summer last year - it's been stagnant - just like the country's growth.

That just screams manipulation. And some people have enough money and influence to make it happen.

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Silver flat? The earth is flat........

Brett_in_Sacto and rooman9 like this.
  19. cpm9ball

If the earth is flat, why do rockets launched at Kennedy appear to curve into outer space?;););)

Chris

20. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Poor steering?:wacky:

Brett_in_Sacto and green18 like this.
  21. cpm9ball

Maybe we should insist that Detroit order a recall.

Chris

Santinidollar likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted