Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

WHAT BDUNSE SAID

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

I think people are waiting around for that 14.00 price again which may not happen for a very long time. It went up crazy today before the Market even opened.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  4. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

It's hovering around 17, which is up a bit from yesterday. I just got some at 14x face, so it's okay if it comes up a little now.

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I think you will remember if you sell low and buy high. You may not be on this forum too long.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It's really simple: buy when it's going to go up, and sell when it's going to go down. Not to be confused with "buy when it has gone up, and sell when it has gone down", which is the one that most people seem to do.

Figuring out how to tell the future is left as an exercise for the reader. ;)

Brett_in_Sacto and slackaction1 like this.
  7. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

It looks like our little rally is flattening out today. Still over $17, so that's okay.

8. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I just unloaded a portion of scrap / jewelry for a handy profit. Felt good, and there's a long fruitful road to follow now :)

9. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

Weird trends these past couple days

10. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Weird. Prices went up then down then up then down then up then down...go figure.

Just to be clear...I am mocking those of you who think you can predict markets.

11. Brett_in_Sacto

Keep mocking, I'm making enough to laugh all the way to the bank as you do...

Go back to my comments and predictions last year. I'm spot on - and in the money. :)

Cascade likes this.
  12. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Cracked $18 a bit ago... is at $17.93 now... We will see what effect Brexit is going to have on it... this could get interesting!

13. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

All PM's are now leveling off after the announcement of the Brexit decision. What should be concerning is who is next to get out of the EU and when is that going to be so I can buy just before that vote takes place.

14. Brett_in_Sacto

In deed. Even if no other countries leave - the fact that a major force in the EU left - leaving the rest to carry the burden only means that whoever stays will be negatively impacted even more.

And if Germany or France exits, it's game over.

I don't see France as a leader in expanding the EU - in fact they have so many immigration issues that they are feeling the same pain as the others - and even more vocal. I can see them making a move to exit - and then not following through to take care of their own (as usual).

I think the UK, France and Germany are the 3 wealthiest nations in the EU. I think they also have the most to gain by leaving.

The next 3 largest (by population) are Spain, Poland and Italy - and we know where they are financially. They have the most to gain by shifting their burden to the wealthy nations.

The US Dollar, Japanese Yen and of course gold are becoming today's modern safe havens. The Yen is the one that shocked me and sticks out. I don't understand the economics of why - but nonetheless Japan is making tracks on the UK's vote.

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

In other words, you've got a foolproof plan to make a killing; all you need is a crystal ball or insider info. :)

bdunnse likes this.
  16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Nobody is going to call an exit vote in the next week or two, so you can relax.:confused:

bdunnse likes this.
  17. Brett_in_Sacto

Germany just announced they are exiting the EU... :)

(kidding! Made you look!)

18. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

self mockery. love it.

19. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Put your dough into transportation stocks..........just as a hedge against gold and silver, :)

21. Brett_in_Sacto

Come to my seminar, learn how to get rich with Alpacas!

Meanwhile, I'll take the seminar fees and invest in gold and silver. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted