Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Scroll up a bit. You didn't read my post from last Thursday at 2:15. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

The U.S. market closed at $16.20 today. I think we will all have a shot at under $16.00 but not for long. I'm under my 8% investment limit and will give it a go if it happens. :>) I see a country so politically divided and uncooperative that the rest of the year PM's should pick up.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

My forecast: if the Fed raises rates in June or July as widely expected, you will get your sub $16 silver price. Stronger dollar, downward pressure on inflation.

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Silver is Under $16 as I type on the Kitco Chart. Time to buy!

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Where are the outlets that are selling at those prices? I'm looking at 50 ounces to bring my portfolio up to date.

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

5 10oz bars?

8. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

However it works out to my advantage.

9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'll PM you the site.

10. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Ouch! Silver is under $16 again. When will it end? Time to buy?

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Silver has hovered around $16 all day. When will it end? The drop may have not really begun yet. Wait until Fed raises rates.

12. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I was reviewing GLD buy/sell charts. There's been a few massive sell spikes on the 5-day, including a large sell order at 3:40pm (I assume EST).

Anyone think this could be a short squeeze that is driving the prices down?

There is a lot more buying volume - smaller chunks obviously. A few "alarming" sell spikes which makes me think the market is being manipulated lower.

upload_2016-5-31_16-28-19.png

13. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

For you silver bugs: The market closed at $15.93 today. I brought my portfolio up to date (8%). Is the next big buy at under $14.--?

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Santinidollar likes this.
  14. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

15. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Garlicus and saltysam-1 like this.
  16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

+1 ......I bought five yesterday to balance my portfolio. Normally I buy from APMEX, but no one is the best 100% of the time.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  17. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

Can someone explain something to me....

Am I asking an insane amount when I list a 2013 ASE Roll for $380 which is $19/coin? *and thats including shipping* Also listing 90% silver at 13x and most of the silver being Walking Liberty Halves, Ive been out of the silver market for some time but I've literally been getting 0 interest from the Sale forum and I use to sell quite a bit.

18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If I buy silver I don't care about a date. I buy an ounce of silver and I pay as little as possible. In the end, an ounce is an ounce and spot is spot. So I can buy today at spot plus $.69 or $.79 per ounce which is $2.26 less than you're asking. Silver is at $15.95 at the moment and dropping.

As for the face at 13x, maybe a little high but 2% less than I can buy it for face to face with you paying the shipping is not enough to spark my interest.

I can't speak for others but for me, those are the facts that you asked for.

19. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Maybe you were yesterday - today it's probably a better deal.

Nice pop last night.

slackaction1 likes this.
  20. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I like to get what I call "mildly numismatic" silver. Walking Libs, etc. They might just be worth even more than the silver price when it's time to sell.

EldoEsq likes this.
  21. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

So, silver up 60+ cents right now - is it sell low, buy high or sell high buy low or buy high sell higher. I can never remember. o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted