Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Ouch! Down to $16.40 this morning!

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

Yep and I'm mad like I said I'd be cause I bought at 16.94

4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

$16.34 a moment ago. It should do the traditional bounce at this point.

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Promised rate hike by Fed. Stronger dollar. Thank them for the dip. Oil also down and stock market having morning sell off. At the same time, bond rates aren't high enough to lock into for a long period.

Charming.

slackaction1 likes this.
  6. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Hang in there. Big deal! At least it seems like we have hit a bottom....Maybe...

7. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Watch the dips, buy cautiously and hold... Steady as she goes...

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

What a dip! But do I hold out for a little more, take a chance on tomorrow being lower or buy like a mad man today? Oh the decisions one has to make. :)

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about a 10oz bar. There's some good deals out right now and I found a site that has ASE's for $2.19 over spot and free shipping.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Once again. One day does not a market make

Brett_in_Sacto and baseball21 like this.
  11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Can you share that with us?

12. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Provident Metals

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Bman33 likes this.
  14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Tomorrow will probably be flat. It's next week where we get to see if the lower range is tested or if buyers step back in and shoot it up. Your call on buying tomorrow or the weekend or waiting to see how next week plays out

15. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I really like this link. It's now in my bookmark file. Thanks.

Also thanks to Bman33 for his quick response. Sometimes it takes forever to get information and an opportunity gets lost.

Bman33 likes this.
  16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Just keep in mind that some of those companies do not have free shipping. I always include that when comparing prices.

17. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I bought some walking libs and some dimes at 14x face yesterday. I just keep stacking despite the price, or because of it.

Bman33 likes this.
  18. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

SO 14 x face is the going cost right now a few weeks was getting at 12x or 11.5 x face ? that's good though.. I like it..

19. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

I guess 14 is good just tried to buy and he wanted .... the following
    13 Rolls Silver Roosevelt Dimes. AS alot all 13 rolls 15.5X face
    Offers on individual rolls considered too.
    1954S in tube
    1955D shotgun paper roll
    1955S shotgun paper roll
    1956P 1 x shotgun paper roll and 1 x tube
    1958P shotgun roll
    1960D shotgun roll
    1962D shotgun roll
    1963D tube
    1964P 2 x tube
    1964D 2 x tube
    Total of 13 rolls.. I've owned for over 15 years. your offer PPG only. AS a group 15.5x

20. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I got stopped out last week on my momentum play in the junior silver miners. feh. That's OK, as I turned a bit over 3 x my money. I still have some left on the table to see what happens next. Hell, the two days after I sold, SVM was up both. That's OK, you have to abide by your own rules when it comes to investing. Note that this was a technical analysis stop. The price broke down and I was forced to sell.

Now when it comes to fundamental analysis, it's a different kettle of fish. The only thing that's kept inflation in check was been low energy prices, globalism and the internet. Now that energy prices are rising, LTF out. Each and every one of us has seen the inflation on the street for so many different products and services. Now that energy prices are rising . . .

Also, the FED kept injecting 100's for billions of dollars into the market that was hoarded by the central banks. For the novice, this is called a Liquidity Trap or where interest rates are so low, no one is willing to loan money. It's fairly common whenever you have artificial pricing set by non-market forces. Witness Nixon's gas price freeze - all of a sudden supply disappeared. Witness several years ago, when the paper price of bullion was way under the street price and duh, all of a sudden, the shelves were bare. Getting back, to the QE issues, when mortgage rates are ~3%, Mr. Banker doesn't have any money. Now if you're willing to pay 5-6%, perhaps he can find some.

This failure to circulate our currency has also resulting in some additional pent up inflationary pressure.

It all adds up to a very strong fundamental case for bullion. But it's fundamental analysis and not price action, so you have to be patient.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

21. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

My only regret right now is that I went in big last weekend at the auction - and didn't leave any spare cash for this week. If it drops much farther or I find opportunities, I can always find something laying around - but it has to be truly worth it.

Interesting development - auction house called me last week and said they had bidding fraud on 3 Krugerrands they had for auction. I was shocked when they went for $1400 and $1500 plus fees (12% plus tax for most buyers in CA). In fact a couple of us were shaking our heads. Well, the fraud explains it.

She asked if I wanted to buy them and I offered $1200ea (including premium fees) and they decided not to saying that gold was going up. I said it was up and due for a pullback and $1200 was my best and final offer. Well they are supposed to be in this week's auction... :)

My guess is that between gold pulling back and them re-selling the same items will leave enough questions in people's heads to make them gunshy. I could be wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted