Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I still recall in college getting phone calls from someone selling Krugerrands, even though they were embargoed /sanctioned at the time. I asked back, if I bought some and wanted to sell them who could I sell them too? He gave some generic non-answer. LOL That also was the time gold bottomed out and started it's climb in the late 1980s.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

I guess if you like to create algorthyms to project potential price fluctuations / trends then you might as well push Tariff/Taxation into the mix.

SILVER
    upload_2018-9-14_13-51-3.png

GOLD
    upload_2018-9-14_13-50-14.png

PLATINUM
    upload_2018-9-14_13-51-39.png

4. Clawcoins

interesting news
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...t-of-silver-eagle-coins-at-us-mint-2018-09-14

"A drop in silver prices this year has attracted investors seeking a bargain, prompting a temporary sellout of the 2018 American Silver Eagle bullion coins at the U.S. Mint this month ... The mint announced on Sept. 6 that it is producing additional coins to restock its depleted inventory. ... "

I wonder if premiums are going to drop more ...

5. Jrlhasalways

Jrlhasalways New Member

Wow! I knew I could bankrupt any company just by buying a few shares of their stock, ..........But Silver? I had no idea my luck was quite this bad! ;)

Kentucky and Clawcoins like this.
  6. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

I think so. The current bid on silver melt is $14.04. I did a big trade for silver melt coins back in June this year at $16.85. I received X12 for year 1916-1964 rolls of quarters ($3.00). The bid today is $2.55 (almost X10).

7. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

The ASE.s are a work of Art should'nt they be worth more than their silver value? Smiles!

8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Production and condition are the major players.

9. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

Last post is a little 4/12/16

10. Clawcoins

They are, and that is the premium that they sell for above spot.

The issue is the premium varies. It's like gasoline prices; quickly rise but very slowly lowers. When spot drops quickly, ASEs may stay or rise in price as Demand suddenly spikes.

Then slowly drop over time. When I buy ASEs, I track the date, spot and purchase price. If someone is really interested they should track, say every 15 days, spot and ASE prices at various places that offer free shipping above $100 as shipping can make total acquisition price vary greatly.

Since I really only buy ASEs, the total acquisition price is what I look at, not necessarily the spot price as it can be really deceiving at times.

11. Cheech9712

12. Cheech9712

13. Clawcoins

Oops. x 2

14. Clawcoins

It's another Monday.
    The US has become the largest producer of oil in the world, passing Russia and Saudi Arabia thanks to Texan shale oil and the potential earthquakes they produce. lol

and silver is headed to the Moon. Let's just hope the Moon doesn't crash into the Earth any time soon.
    upload_2018-9-17_8-42-0.png

upload_2018-9-17_8-42-24.png

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    slackaction1 likes this.
  15. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

Barron's magazine 9-17-2018

Me: It has been around 1 to 85 for several months.

16. Clawcoins

FUTURES for today ...
    upload_2018-9-21_9-6-18.png

upload_2018-9-21_9-6-51.png

PALLADIUM has been on a tear lately though, although still below 1 yr highs.
    I haven't checked, but are the dates correlated to when the US MINT relased the Palladium coin? maybe provided more exposure. but probably not.
    upload_2018-9-21_9-7-46.png

17. Clawcoins

Rising up today !!
    upload_2018-9-25_14-43-45.png

upload_2018-9-25_14-44-9.png

18. Clawcoins

I'm in a Gold or Silver buying mood .. let's see if I pull the trigger.

$20 St Gauden vs $20 Liberty vs $10 Indian vs 2009 UHR vs a few ASEs / Commems vs 2014 3/4 Kennedy

hmm .. didn't know APMEX sold Safes !!

Or maybe I'll just buy another solar panel.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  19. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I vote St. Gaudens. And I hear the Apmex sofas aren't very comfortable anyway.....

Clawcoins likes this.
  20. Clawcoins

Yup, I love the St Gauden design. But I don't have a $10 yet.

On another note, looks like my high yield savings accounts are going to go up to and hopefully above 2% APY with the Fed raising the rates again. I make more consistent return on that than PMs. LOL

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  21. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

The Saints are my favorite, but I think the Liberty may be a better buy (it sells for close to melt here for even the lower mintage dates). I just income average so the monthly price buys at low and high prices.

I think the higher interest rates will continue to wear on the prices. The charts have broken two major support levels and any rally is weak and short-lived.

Draft saved Draft deleted