Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

but gold is up .42% so far today
    upload_2018-9-5_10-47-59.png

and silver .39%
    upload_2018-9-5_10-48-23.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Air blowers also moves a lot of leaves, which come and get blown, and come again. Hoarders just stuff them in a bag on their front yard hoping they "pose" as decorations ( profits) until they decay. In Jest response :)

If physical movement of PM price drove the US stock market , instead of the other way around, I would certainly pay more attention to that area. Until it does anyone wishing to profit from investing in hard assets from metals to real estate, etc. certainly has strong reason to understand and follow the stock market activities. No info commercial can falsely direct either the physical metal investor nor stock investor if they understand the factors affecting their respective areas. Jim

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Surly some noisy leave blower will come by to tell them the correct way to decorate their lawn.

5. Clawcoins

wait until Halloween ....

6. longnine009

Don't have to. Just have to go to marketwatch.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

That's one program, I never watch ! It is the Twitter of Blackhole economy ~ everything goes in and nothing but hot gases come out , IMO :)

8. Clawcoins

A Gold ETF outflow ranked #4 this past week.
    upload_2018-9-5_16-48-38.png

9. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

Thanks Jason,
    I have bought about 100+ old silver and old gold coins over a couple of decades. I may be about even money today (averaging in inflation).

I had a recent thought about buying modern bullion gold/silver lately, and you talked me out of it. I don't understand the 10% commission?

I suspect the dealer will make a 10%-20% commission on the selling?

10. Clawcoins

Funny morning.

I was looking how Gold was up.
    upload_2018-9-7_8-40-43.png

Then I saw this headline
    upload_2018-9-7_8-40-25.png

but jump over to kitco and I get this
    upload_2018-9-7_8-39-52.png

upload_2018-9-7_8-41-29.png

I really wish I had the spare cash to get some pre33 Gold doubles. But I've had to put money into my house for outside expensive brick repair and some car repairs (new bearings/spindles, brakes/rotors) too.

platinum
    upload_2018-9-7_8-53-51.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  11. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

12. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

The market is way overvalued, PE ratio is out of wack!!! JEFF BAZOS worth 1 trillion dollars? AMAZON to take over U.S.? what goes up will go down. I went trough the last one listening to the wrong people, the only winners in that game is the insiders.

13. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Forget the moon shot, silver is doing a Mars shot. Just look at this chart!

IMG_20180907_095229.jpg

Hope you bought in before this rocket took off. Just look at this puppy go!

15043395578_b77cbb3cc3_b.jpg

Another 60 days of this and my tiny little stash will finally buy me that Porsche 911 Turbo I've been dreaming of.

IMG_20180907_100214.jpg

Now excuse me while I go pop some more of these so I can pretend I'm a sane person.

51bclEOEnfL._SY355_.jpg

14. Clawcoins

there's something wrong with the nose cone of that rocket :bored:
    and the *slight* flareup :eek:

Sallent likes this.
  15. Clawcoins

Whilst driving around last weekend I drove past a new Amazon distribution facility near me. When I checked Google maps to figure out where I drove it showed a destroyed building.
    upload_2018-9-7_10-24-19.png

While driving past looked like this.
    [​IMG]

It's a GIGANTIC building. And there are several scattered across SE Michigan. And of course across the country. It's an amazing company that he built and redefine how it operates. Makes me wish I bought that stock years ago vs Facebook stock.

If amazon goes down at some point, it's going to be like Kmart/Sears; JCP, etc where they leave behind empty buildings all over the place.

16. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Not the proudest moment in US Space Program history...

flopnik_headline.jpg

But as a space buff, Vanguard I sure makes an interesting bit of trivia to throw around once in a while...especially when silver is floundering in such a spectacular manner.

However, most of my silver is up...way up! Ancient silver coins are doing really well, plus they are much more fun to look at than bullion and bars.:cool:

Lion Cherronesos Thrace Hemidrachm.jpg

However, the downside is that ancient coins is not really an investment for me...but a passion. So I have a greater chance of being on a Mars mission than selling off my ancients collection.

17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Please explain. The Forward S&P Ratio now stand at a bit over 17 and going down even as equity prices are rising. The mean S&P ratio is just about 15 since its inception. We are also in a pro growth environment right now. How is that anything close to being WAY overvalued and "Out of Wack" Sorry you got burnt on the last recession, it was a doosey, but quite frankly all you needed to do was hold and keep buying as a normal Saving/Investment would have you and you would have made out like a bandit.

upload_2018-9-7_10-27-58.png

18. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

MAYBE YOUR RIGHT , BUT THE STOCKS I HAD PLUNGED

19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, yeah, individual stocks are always high risk. I was more talking about index type funds.

20. Clawcoins

Stock brokers make money by keeping your money "in the market (accounts)" index or individual stocks.

So they'll rarely tell anyone to take their money out of the market even while they take their money out. 2009-2010 seems to be no exception. And they'll tell you to buy down, to average down even while the better strategy is to sell, watch and if you want to get back in buy after it balances out and provides upward momentum (excluding WASH scenarios). But that means that they would actually have to advise people more than once a year and be totally truthful as they affect their own income based upon their advice to you.

Some of the advice I've been given in the past was totally self-income generating for them. And when I was an analyst the brokers were that way too for their clients. Except the really rich clients as they would shift the money around for them into other types of investments.

21. longnine009

In November 1965
    Skyraider pilot Commander Clarence Stoddard of the U.S Navy, Squadron VA-25, dropped a toilet on a target in the Mekong Delta region.
    https://m.warhistoryonline.com/viet...as-an-aerial-bomb-during-the-vietnam-war.html
    I don't know who or what that E would represent in 1965. Unless, taken together with the other image, which appears to be something holding lightning bolts, it stands for electronic warfare division? Also, I don't see who manufactured the toilet so I can't give you a stock symbol. And unfortunately, I don't believe that there is a stock symbol for Douglas aircraft, the manufacturer of the Skyraider. At some point they merged with McConnell aircraft and then McConnell Douglas was purchased by Boeing. But if it helps, before the A-1 Skyraider became the A-1 Skyraider it was the AD Skyraider, and pilots referred to it as Able Dog.

Draft saved Draft deleted