Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

You can't give on electronic stock shares either. But you can trade PMs for something to eat... even when the power goes out!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Not around here.
    Cash only if no power.

I make sure I have enough cash in case of power loss. I guess you could walk into a pawn store and convert the PM to cash.

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Bring a flash light

rzage likes this.
  5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

use the ones from Aliexpress first :)

TheFinn likes this.
  6. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I don't recall the local ShopRite taking Silver as payment during the Superstorm Sandy outrage in NJ. It was Fiat only or you went without eating....

Kentucky likes this.
  7. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

No BitCoins huh?

8. Clawcoins

Looks like time to buy.

maybe,
    or maybe not.

9. Clawcoins

10. desertgem

They might after it hits bottom and climbs 10% for the cat bounce.

11. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

You can always find doom and gloom here...…….. luv it...…..

12. Clawcoins

If you think Optimistically, it's time to BUY, BUY, BUY !!

If you think Pessimistically, hold on as the bears are driving the price DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.

slackaction1 likes this.
  13. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Optimistically, Pessimistically ummm is this my choices?? k.........… I like doomie gloomie I always root for the underdog.....

14. Clawcoins

If you're doomie gloomie then you convince yourself to buy at all times becz the end is near and you need your honey gold flakes PM cereal to eat when the zombies come for you which can happen at any moment. It's coming! The signs are there!!

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  15. Clawcoins

16. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

If JP.MORGAN stops manipulating it's silver contracts, (sell thousands of contracts short and rebuy at the low price) we may see an uptick . They also buy hard silver and melt into bars and stack. I think they are planning something. If silver goes to low, miners don't look for it, if there costs are more than the spot price, take into consideration of oil prices to run all mining equipment and you can figure out why they lose. I think one day it will break out of this $14.00 to.$16.00 range. Companies are using more silver right now that is produced, SOLAR PANELS, CELL PHONES, TV'S, AND ALL HOME ELECTRONICS. One day something has to give and the real WINNER will be good old MANIPULATING BANKS. Maybe some of us stackers will finally make a few bucks, or maybe at least our kids or grandkids. LET'S PRAY !!!!!!!!!

17. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Doubtful.

18. desertgem

1.Only about 1/3 of produced silver comes from silver mines, the rest as by-product from other metal mining such as Lead and Zinc and yes Gold also.

2. Silver does have multiple uses as it is so reactive, but it also is usually the most expensive of the building materials by weight of electronics, solar panels, etc., that is the the one that is constantly being replaced as new methods and materials are developed. You use to be able to make some money extracting gold and silver from defunct electronic goods, but that is not today, that was yesterday.

3. People accuse exchanges such as JPM at manipulating by selling short when it is diagnosed by them as going down...that is information anyone can get from quarterly reports or from honest companies, not the bullion vulture companies...So why don't home stackers follow JPM direction and make money when it is going up or going down? Got me!! I try to do so as the odds are much better they know where it is headed than bullion forums. You can stack for the Zombies or the End of life as we know it, just do so by buying when it is dropping horribly and selling when you see multiple it is "going to the moon" verbiage. Common sense investing. If JPM sells contracts , and the silverbugs were correct and the price goes up, they are --------!!!., but they often have reps in the mine business who knows what is happening to the supply in the next weeks or months, so that doesn't happen much. Most members don't have insiders in the mining business.

4. There is Bullion hoarding and there is Bullion investing. An older relative once said " If you want to stay alive in a war, follow behind the tanks and not the jeeps", IMO , no offense intended to anyone. Jim

19. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

I think you're right. A lot of silver buyers are either not interested in making money or don't know how. I agree with you: they are hoarders.

The learning channel should do a show on these people. I imagine those profiled would look like a combination of Duck Dynasty and depressed suburban moms who hoard things from their youthful optimistic life before it all went downhill when they popped out a couple kids and married a boring guy.

20. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

So I am just sitting here going through MY STACK!!! Of white clothes putting them all nicely away until memorial day.
    I am thinking about taking my 3 horn, 5 legged, 1 peanut,Double Chin, Bull to auction though. So I can but an ounce or 2 of Silver !!!!!

21. desertgem

No, I think they are people who are desperate to try and put something of value away for the future, but who do not feel they can self direct complicated aspects of investing , also believe that investment houses are only into it for themselves ( Mainly true). Many live with family tales and hearsay from the 1930s of financial collapse and trust only in hard assets ( less likely unless big government removes all current regulatory controls to what existed then). They fear takeover of their properties and lands. But they have little funds to use for the future, so they keep hard assets for value , rather than education which in the long run if properly chosen and obtained will bring in much more than their hard assets over time.

Draft saved Draft deleted