Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

This is my answer. Bullion feels almost like a gift to me at this level. And I don't have to worry about taking a bath anyways. That is for my kids and grandkids to stress over.

Silversloth likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

And for them, it's a 100% profit anyways.

They didn't spend the money to acquire it. They just have to worry about cashing out if they opt for that.

So current spot price has no direct correlation to further acquisition costs, just an indirect impact if the kids have the acquisition costs and relate it to any sale.

And you just relate it to more PMs based on past purchases on higher PM prices.

I have many threads of thought about this including I get more than what I was getting in the past thoughts. Then my money fights for how I use it for other things I want/need.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I'll continue buying. I believe in cycles.

"Strength becomes weakness weakness becomes strength."
    Sun Tzu

Don P likes this.
  5. Clawcoins

I think I saw a low of $14.99 for a quick second before bouncing back up.

So now it has breached below $15 spot. But staying above it ... For now.

upload_2018-8-13_11-42-49.png

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Just holding steady. I don’t believe in trying to catch a knife that has fallen straight down by $100 Oz.

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am caught between holding my position or continuing to buy and track the running average.

8. Clawcoins

can gold stay under $1200 now ??
    upload_2018-8-13_12-20-11.png

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

And Halloween is still 2 months away! Jim

10. Clawcoins

Silver hit $14.95 .. another milestone
    upload_2018-8-13_12-46-4.png

upload_2018-8-13_12-45-30.png

GOLD so much for $1200 .... $1193
    upload_2018-8-13_12-47-7.png

and one of my favorites .. PLATINUM upload_2018-8-13_12-48-28.png

upload_2018-8-13_12-48-41.png

11. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I believe in cycles also. With Silver over the last hundred years there have been three spikes, 1919, 1979, 2011. Seems the next high cycle may occur sometime between 2043 and 2070.

Of course still on the cycle theory, Silver should bottom out at around $6 (inflation adjusted to 2018 dollars) by around 2025.

This is just a numbers thing, but as a believer in cycles, the way I read the data, not thinking silver is the best way to go. YMMV

upload_2018-8-13_12-57-17.png

12. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

It's okay Mike. It's not your money, it's mine.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  13. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Who's money it is is not germane to the conversation. Since you posted you are a believer in cycles I figured you may wish to defend you point. If you are "faith buyer" I cannot argue, but you post indicates otherwise as your buying is motivated by "cycles". Do you wish to re-butt or do you concede my point?

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That's not relevant anyhow, is it? Doesn't the cost basis reset on inheritance?

In other words, if I put $1000 into gold at $120 an ounce and it's $1200 now, I've got $10K at a cost basis of $1K. If I sold, I'd pay capital gains on $9K.

If I die and the gold goes to my kids today, their cost basis is $10K (market value at the day I die, I think there's an option to take a different date instead). If they sold at today's price, they'd pay capital gains on nothing.

15. desertgem

Death is a rather harsh way to combat capital gains :)

16. Clawcoins

I've actually have never met anyone, or heard of anyone (other than really really rich people) pay taxes on inherited coins/PMs. Just sell some at a time to stay below the $10k "what are they doing" red flags and ppl just pocket the money.

Last time I was in a coin shop some guy came in, said he found a 1oz AGE in his now passed uncle's safe .. sold it to the shop .. got cash. I highly doubt he would list it in his taxes.

how many ppl here track their capital gains on their PMs .. and put it on their taxes that are not a business entity?

Silversloth likes this.
  17. desertgem

All three of the PM broke the ( imaginary) cost barriers today at rather sharp descent so far. In contrast , the REITS are increasing in Ask price and the dividend will probably decrease if this continues, so may shift when gold goes under 1050 until it reverses with a war or something bad.

18. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Back to post #1 (1 Apr 16) - same as it ever was :rolleyes:

David Byrne would say:

19. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

C and maybe A depends

20. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

21. Clawcoins

I sold 1 trillion pounds of PMs at one time.

I needed the money to buy Banana Crypto before those prices split and slid way up.

Sorry :rolleyes:

abuckmaster147 and juris klavins like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted