Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Is it really "falling" or merely struggling mightily in the face of a political extremism belief set to return to price levels resembling normal?

And I'm NOT referring to just ONE such belief set, but at minimum TWO, probably more.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

It's always going back to equilibrium of the market conditions.
    Of course, as you mention there are the political wags for price fluctuations, and lately all the paper traders wags, etc.

Just as we recall someone mentioning a 20% of everything from Mexico, of which is where we get most of our silver the metal flew up .. then slowly came back down as those tensions dispelled. rats, I was actually talking to a friend in another country to start an import business of metals from Mexico. First sent to another island nation, then to the US hoping to cover the 20% deviation of add'l overhead cost as profit.

But silver and gold will always be in demand for conversion to jewelry, silverware and some containers, etc. in addition to more destructive uses (hard to reclaim) such as electronics, etc.

Unless economic, political, miner strikes, etc oddities occur I don't see it really going anywhere up for any period of time.

4. oz_in_ohio

oz_in_ohio Active Member

Bellman.....If you are of Amish stock, then isnt it correct that Amish dont use electricity??? Correct me if i am wrong (as we dont have amish in Australia,where i am originally from ) but how does your computer work if amish dont use electricity?? On candlewax??? It is not MY kids lack of interest, it is kids in general all over the planet...I can guarantee when we elders (45 years of age and above ) die , there will be that much bullion available that the price will drop due to the supply with the younger generation melting it all as the hobby will diminish..Sell it all and enjoy the money while we can and let that younger generation fend for themselves. I never used to be like this but when i saw in my coin business the lack of interest from the younger generation, my eyes opened wide.
    The young generation is a businesses future...Just remember that.

I actually invested into 1911s and 1912s wheat pennies ( in any grade ) from the age of 13 and bought them between 6.00 to 35.00 each at any coin show in the 1970's and 1980's. I had close to 3500 coins in total and i thought to myself that l
    start locking into 1911s and 1912s wheats at 13 which was my barmitzvah year.
    The money i received from my barmitzvah was the jump start l needed...i bet at 13 all you were interested in was girls and pushbikes ...huh huh huh

Then l just compounded the earnings ( when some were sold ) to more coins. I did not need any teacher to show me and that is why i say school is useless...

How many people do you know that paid cash for a home ( no loan or mortgage )
    with no high school diploma prior to the age of 30. I will give you time to think!!!

Those wheat pennies bought mine and it was in 1982 ( at 25 years of age ) i realized coins, notes , stamps, etc were finished. Only the fools that wanted to kid themselves bought them. The amount of time in my business i heard people say they will give the stuff to the grandchildren and then the grandchildren bought them in and sold them was phenomenal. There were so many kids that did it
    just that , i had lost count....

Bellman, please keep on kidding yourself but i bet you wont be retired before the age of 55 with no high school diploma...have a lovely day...OIO

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Or, to summarize: "I made enough lucky bets to buy a house, so I KNOW BEST."

So, at the end of the 1980-82 fall-back from the Hunt Brothers spike, you decided "coins were finished" -- entirely missing the 1982-1989 hyper-bull market. Bravo, I guess?

Being proud of achievements is one thing. Being proud of dropping out of high school ("school is useless")? Probably not conveying the message you think.

sakata likes this.
  6. V. Kurt Bellman

[​IMG]

In WHAT OTHER FIELD do so many people openly brag about their ignorance?? So sad. I am ALREADY well past 55 and my "master plan" is to be carried out of work in a body bag. Maybe due to a stroke, maybe due to gunshot wounds. Frankly, I don't have a preference.

7. Clawcoins

I started buying stocks in 1978 and gold in 1984.
    But hey .... gold was expensive in 1984; hard on paper route money.
    I didn't like silver back then.

Kurt probably owns half the AU+ coins that have been produced pre1980.
    So if his kid sells the stuff expect the market to implode anyways.

Why would anyone melt down coins etc when it's just plain easier to sell them for melt or even melt+.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

Besides, I dislike heat so much that I don't want to be anywhere near smelting furnaces. I can't even stand beach vacations. Give me MOUNTAINS.

9. Clawcoins

Me too.
    I prefer hiking vacations, mountains, bears etc to beaches, burning skin and sharks.

10. V. Kurt Bellman

Actually, I spend nearly every minute of my vacation time one way - going to major national coin shows, plus whatever stuff I can tack onto those trips.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

On this we agree, and I see it as a VERY good thing. Bullionistas NEED to die off.

12. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Was your father a civil servant cum "rebel" too?

13. longnine009

Why were they "lucky bets?" If he'd made 15 cents on wallstreet he'd be hailed as the newest genius in the guru club.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  14. longnine009

[​IMG]

Oh yeah. That's much better than hotties in thongs.

15. V. Kurt Bellman

My dad was a serial entrepreneur. He basically invented the One-Hour Photo phenomenon.

16. longnine009

Entrepreneurs rock.

17. Clawcoins

you mean like the Pet Rock ?
    Have you ever had a stare down with a Pet Rock?
    I Nearly won once, but the rock was stoned and won in the end. He never lost; was a chip off the 'old block.

18. V. Kurt Bellman

He's also dead, as of this past August 15. How many people realize that the seed of the One-Hour Photo concept started in South Florida (Dade and Broward) in 1969? Not many. Most people think it was the Japanese. Nope.

19. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

no claw.. no claw... u didn't write or type that..

Clawcoins likes this.
  20. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

but the japs didn't invent the instant photo right Kurt

21. V. Kurt Bellman

They invented VERY little in photography. They COPIED almost everything. Ironically, Fuji now owns a good deal of Polaroid's patent portfolio, and now a decent chunk of Eastman Kodak's, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted