Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Gosh no ... I sold all my GE around 28 and starting snatching up a rising stock that is generally still rising with continuous upgraded targets. I'm up over 3x and it's still growing sans market instability.

GE has been a dog for years even when I sold; might as well just get a commercial bond mutual fund that would pay more income per year (or drip). I know Berkshire got into GE but GE needs Berkshire to help right their ship.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Only the latest 25 show up on the watched list. So if there are more you will not see them until you have read those 25.

4. Clawcoins

Doesn't help that the eagle is holding a feather pen.
    I really like the head design. The wings is a"chunky" design probably because the feather pen needs design contrast.
    1987Eagle_Gold.jpg

5. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

are you gonna rub it in for weeks Claw? LOL

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

What is there to rub in? It's just a chunk of gold like any other bullion coin - no history behind it at all.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Much though it pains me to say it, 1987 was 31 years ago...

8. abuckmaster147

Billy Goat Gruff comes to mind!!!

slackaction1 likes this.
  9. Clawcoins

[​IMG]

10. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

11. abuckmaster147

Not you Jeff.

12. Clawcoins

We could review every gold commem in the last several decades ... as @JeffB would alleviate to ... at least the ones with an Eagle on them.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  13. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

And? Anything after 1933 is modern bullion and is just a lump of gold, occasionally with a pretty pattern on it.

14. Clawcoins

unless you look at the numismatic side of things.
    2009_GoldExample.jpg

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

So, is it that "history" and "numismatic value" ends some time between 1933 and 1987? If so, when, and why?

Or is it that a coin has to circulate to have value beyond bullion? If so, why are MS coins considered more valuable?

16. abuckmaster147

Must... resist... urge... to... demonstrate...
    It's from fishing, where you troll along waiting for a fish to bite.

Online, trolls make posts that are calculated to provoke a response. When someone "bites", responds to the post, the troll feels like he's won.

See also "baiting", "hook, line and sinker", etc..

slackaction1 likes this.
  17. Clawcoins

ahh ... the "bullion purists" and numismatic fellas and everyone in between ...

I could say things like I have no value associated with junk silver; after all it's junk. Should just be face value if anything.

Everyone collects "stuff" for different reasons.

18. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Since modern $5 gold commems have the exact size and composition as classic half eagles, ONCE AGAIN sakata seems to be smoking something. AGE's are bullion. Gold buffs are bullion. $5 gold commems are NOT. They each have a separate piece of legislation mandating their creation. Bullion coins are all authorized by one blanket authorization. And that includes the 2016 centennial pieces - NO legislation.

19. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Well smoking something don't make you that way... If anything it makes you get the munchies... well it use too.... but I see Olympians bite their gold medals...

20. Clawcoins

ahh .. not the Olympic medals, but a 1984 Olympiad gold coin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Back when we thought $10 might become the "go to" denomination for gold commems.

Draft saved Draft deleted