Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Sorry @abuckmaster147
    I was in such a hurry I forgot to strap down the cargo and latch the rear door tightly.
    You may have to go find your assets back in mother russia. I was in a hurry to get out of there before anyone found out ... https://twitter.com/i/moments/974243713823203338

Plane carrying $368 million of gold loses cargo after door breaks
    World news 49 minutes ago
    A plane with ten tons of gold, platinum and diamonds lost some of its cargo after taking off from an airport in Russia, according to The Siberian Times and other sources. The incident took place in the far east city of Yakutsk. Police have sealed off the runway and a search is underway.

LOL

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Buy the tickets to siberia and lets go detecting. :D:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

Stevearino and slackaction1 like this.
  4. abuckmaster147

Yea its weird ampex , Ebay, and another wanted the 138.00 for the same coin. So I used the code and went for it. My Grandkids will probably be happy someday.

5. abuckmaster147

After three nor'easters, Upstate New York can't catch a break
    March started off with a monster coastal storm that dumped up to 40 inches of snow in Upstate New York, snapped limbs off thousands of trees and knocked out power to tens of thousands of customers. Two more nor'easters followed, and it's not over yet: Long-term forecasts predict a colder-than-normal second half of the month, and computer models are hinting at perhaps three to four more storms before April begins.

6. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

7. Clawcoins

8. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Is there a penalty? ^^^^

9. Clawcoins

Yes, the penalty is $368 million in Gold Bullion. Ship it to @abuckmaster147 . He'll bury it in his back yard. :)

Just send it by truck or rail. Not by airplane.

10. abuckmaster147

We will dig up a mil a piece for ten years and then have a big party when statute of limitations is up!! ;):cool:

Clawcoins likes this.
  11. abuckmaster147

oh I forgot better bring you winter coat and warm boot!:wacky::wacky::wacky:

12. Clawcoins

This also fell out of the back of my airplane ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess an ounce of gold and an ounce of silver both fall from the sky at the same rate.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  13. abuckmaster147

No it is because I bought that coin yesterday HAPPENS EVERY TIME.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'll just sit here and smile at the Priority Mail box containing five 2-ounce rounds that I sold on eBay yesterday. :)

And try not to think too much about the rest of the rounds.

15. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Late breaking news from Yakutsk: :rolleyes:

abuckmaster147 and Clawcoins like this.
  16. abuckmaster147

Hey Jeff I do not own a 2 ounce round , If you want to keep that in mind?

17. Clawcoins

I own ONE, 1 ounce round of the Lunar Moon Landing (a german design apparently)
    Everything else is US coinage stuff, US 5oz ATB, ASEs, etc.

18. Clawcoins

19. abuckmaster147

20. Clawcoins

Yeah but they are predicting Silver to go to $18 or higher.
    I cannot imagine <sarcasm > what $18 silver looks like ... except for last year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course, we have their last paragraph too ...

"That said, he also warns of a possible dip to the mid-$15 range, particularly if the 10-year Treasury yield hits 3%. “Breaking that benchmark would likely lead to short-term havoc in risk assets, leading investors to sell the metals to meet margin calls,” Lundin says."

The other irony, is they talk about demand with Solar Panels. From what little research I've done ... a few years ago they started using an alternative to Silver in solar panels as it's much cheaper and still as good. So I see Silver demand for solar dropping. But I haven't looked into it any time recently.

oh yeah ... here's one of the articles I read ==> https://www.printedelectronicsworld.com/articles/8333/solar-cell-that-eliminates-use-of-silver

with an interesting statistic
    "Roughly 1.5 million ounces of silver are currently required to generate 1 GW of solar power. That demand translated into roughly 60 million ounces of silver in 2014, or about 6% of the total demand for the metal. Before Natcore's achievement, that demand was projected to rise to 15% of the total market in 2018."

@abuckmaster147

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  21. Clawcoins

Provident ASEs any year has a high premium right now though is the cheapest ASE.
    $19.54 for up to 19 with spot at $16.45. That's over a $3 premium.

I've seen this many times before where spot goes down, and they increase premium. And many ppl who see spot go down go and buy, buy buy but don't notice the prices haven't changed.

The 2017s are over $20 at $20.12 .. their prices seem to be going up too.

Draft saved Draft deleted