Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Not with the amount I physically purchased, but did buy a "Dragon " and a "Snake" 2oz bullions at the coin club auction for their beauty, not value.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I’m actually a real big fan of a lot of the “bullion” coins for their beauty. There’s a lot of fantastic designs out there on them, I just don’t like it as an investment play or thinking if society ended that we’d be peacefully buying and selling with them

SilverMike and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  4. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

5. rrholdout

rrholdout Active Member

Well, if we're admittedly buying bullion items for their beauty, not value, then they are simply overpriced luxury items.

6. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

Too bad this dip didn't happen last week when spot promotions were running...

7. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Right!!! I am Torn right now I would like another 10oz But I am scared to loose a buck an ounce. It does not sound like much does it but it still makes me squeamish .

SilverMike likes this.
  8. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I bet you the record high Bitcoin prices are very much responsible for silver today. People are going crazy over $10,000 per bitcoin today. As institutions rush in to pump the price, which gets individuals pumped about bitcoins too before the bubble inflates to the max, we will see silver especially take a hit. Gold might take some, but silver will be more volatile and stand to lose the most. I might get to buy silver at $14 if we are lucky.

9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Don't forget though: bitcoins are shaped like tulips.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

LOL

11. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Oh yeah, whatever happened with those Dutch tulips? I heard a single tulip could buy a castle during the height of the mania, so adjusted for inflation that must mean a single tulip today should buy the entire country of the Netherlands? LOL.

I have to say the tulip bubble is still one of my favorite bubbles to study, but the South Sea Bubble makes tulip mania look like pocket change.

Keyless Chuck likes this.
  12. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I like to keep one example of the designs (world, and US) that appeal to me, everything else is just stacking. I actually don't even do much stacking myself, just a few rolls of Eagles, and such. Also, a few rounds, and bars. Not a world class stacker. ;)

13. spirit

spirit Member

...and don't forget the French Mississippi Co., out of which came the term, ''millionaire'' (among other quotables). C'est la vie!

14. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

this isn't making many millionaire's today ...
    [​IMG]

15. Clawcoins

I agree with you there. There are bunches of rounds I would love to get with intricate designs on them (dragons, etc). But I consider them bullion and don't like the 100%+ premiums some of them get. The closest I get is the ATB 5oz silver coins.

I am ready to buy Gold once it drops below $1200/oz again ... which may happen shortly.

16. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Oh, I bet there are a few who are shorting the triple silver ETF. Maybe even some are betting a load on options for it.

17. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

The lower silver gets the higher premiums you will see. Did you notice how Provident pulled their $1.69 over melt for Random ASE's deal?

18. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

Yeah, I pre-ordered my 2018 Eagles on cyber Monday. I should have waited until Black Thursday (today).

19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Get ready for the big campaign of " Silver is way under, buy before the Zoooooom up" and have some shill dig up an old analysis.

Kentucky likes this.
  20. Clawcoins

They ran out of Random ASEs
    The tube of 2017s is kinda cheap still.

21. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Anyone else's order sitting in confirmed payment for 4 days? Provident

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted