Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

OMG, you are so RIGHT !!
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

<-------- smarter than your average beagle.

4. Clawcoins

I love watching these charts
    [​IMG]

5. Clawcoins

I noticed something odd.

I watch a couple of those Big sellers, and I've bought from Provident in the past.

I bought a few ASEs on 10/17 when silver was at $17.47/oz for less than what they are offering today with silver at $16.63. They are 53 cents higher per ASE even though silver is 84 cents cheaper/oz than 10/17.

6. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

Yes I'm seeing the same thing at APMEX, they're all saying "Black Friday" sales in effect but fees either aren't reflecting the dip in silver, or the charge over bid is up a bit or the prices, in some instances, appear to have gone up,,,(if I've written the original prices down correctly vs price yesterday) o_O

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, ASE's on the major websites just tend to float around $20.00. Silver goes down premium goes up. Silver goes up premium goes down. I just stick with rounds usually. I am looking to get a tube of 2017 ASE's though.

8. Clawcoins

That's what I was thinking was occurring.
    Either that or the big box places bought their ASEs at a certain price and they aren't acting too kindly on going below their breakeven purchase prices.

It should be interesting which big place drops first.

luckily I bought a BU 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 for about $23 each yesterday which I think was good pricing.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You can't run a business that way. You have to have cash flow, and you can't get that by sitting on your inventory. The big box places have to sell at the current price, and rely on buying replacement inventory at a lower price.

10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think a look at the 60 day Chart tells us the direction that silver is heading. $2.00 drop since Nov. 11th. I'm going to keep waiting to enter the fray again.

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

for 20 ounces it's $3.39 over spot right now on Provident. Totally raised the premium when silver went down.

12. Clawcoins

and back UP it goes ...
    [​IMG]

13. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Heresy!

Eaglefawn likes this.
  14. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Crazy

15. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

up 30 whole cents.

16. Clawcoins

Yup, it's getting crushed today so far !!
    [​IMG]

It's at a peak right now!!
    Time to sell, sell, sell.
    Oh wait .. I forgot to buy :(

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  17. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

18. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

The longer I look at silver the crazier I get!

slackaction1 likes this.
  19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

So, for all the "buy-the-dippers" -- without peeking ahead into tomorrow, is this a "spike" or "first stage heading TO THE MOON"?

20. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Well, you can attribute today's upward movement in all markets to the expectation that the European Central Bank keeping its "easy money" policy.

Note that silver rose quite a bit more on a percentage basis than the Dow, which smoked up 295 points.

If you think the two will move in tandem, a number of prognosticators have predicted a 20,000 Dow by the end of the year.

21. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm taking it easy. Will sit on sideline and Coin Roll Hunt my silver.

Draft saved Draft deleted