Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Go Voodoo Economics!

J/K. You guys should start an Economic Theory Thread.

Clawcoins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I can see why you're so in love with the collective. After all you once said you did not believe you could survive for two weeks without a pharmacy. I guess you're invested in the blob whether you like it or not. Suck it up.

4. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

They're called EBT cards. The SNAP program is now digital. We're living in 2017. Also, TV guide is now available online.
    Also, specialized farms produce our produce more efficiently than foraging, even though I know you prefer that archaic method, too. It's then delivered to us on government built roads using trucks composed of parts made in multiple countries to keep the cost as low as possible. The safety of that food is regulated by our the people hired by our elected officials.

But that's ok. Put on your loin cloth, fill your satchel with some silver (produced by that government you now don't like) and go hunt squirrel. If you're unsuccessful, maybe you can barter some of that junk silver for a meal.

5. longnine009

Sorry net neutrality is political.

6. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Hey, hey, now you've done it! You crossed a bridge too far! I actually LIKE crock-pot made squirrel stew. I've never made it, but one of my office-mates now, who was ALSO an officemate when we were both in countywide election administration, makes squirrel stew during small game season. It's remarkably good stuff.

7. V. Kurt Bellman

Shouldn't be, isn't supposed to be, and doesn't need to be. Only one side makes it so. It's SUPPOSED TO BE an utterly APOLITICAL tech subject.

8. longnine009

You know alot about the dole. How much government cheese do you have in the frig? Or have they stopped with that hand out?

9. longnine009

Wrinkle-pus soros is hardly apolitical.

10. V. Kurt Bellman

He has NOTHING to do with Net Neutrality. It is a technical subject that is left to the FCC precisely because it IS technical and not political. Just like monetary policy and the Fed.

EVERY small producer of content WILL BE HARMED by what the FCC now proposes, INCLUDING Peter Davis, CoinTalk, and all his other ventures. The effect IS much bigger for video producers, but it still hurts everyone.

Net Neutrality is ALREADY THE CASE in the entirety of the free world. Only totalitarian regimes fight it, not that they are doing EXACTLY what the FCC now proposes. The FCC plan is different from theirs, less totalitarian, but no less "rigged".

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  11. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

The FCC should be apolitical but current decisions are clearly political. All federal agencies are more politicized now than ever before. All you have to do is look at the appointees to head the agencies.

12. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

Individualists are part of society whether they want admit it or not. There isn't enough terra firma for every family unit to have their own 40 acres. It's simple math. I bet squirrels would be good to eat considering their diet.

13. V. Kurt Bellman

You are sadly correct. The previous FCC chair was PERCEIVED to be way too beholden to Cable interests, but he flipped on them. The new hack will now do Big Cable's bidding completely.

14. longnine009

He is lobbying to keep it in place. And he is a political activist. And a few other things. But if you're probing to find out my position on it, I don't have one. I have never really looked into net neutrality. I am not even sure I care to look into it. Maybe I will maybe I won't. I don't know. But I'm pretty sure I would be on the opposite side of a commie/globalist.

15. V. Kurt Bellman

16. V. Kurt Bellman

Net neutrality has NEVER EXISTED in the USA. It was a proposal that was decided but that never got implemented. (Nice ad hominem decision-making basis there, though.) You really DO need to stop deciding things based on "who", and start reading the "what" a lot more. I found that when I stopped relying on ideological "tribalism", and decided things for myself, I got a lot more wisdom.

17. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Indeed. I care about my fellow man. My duty as a citizen is to understand how our government works. I believe it works better when we support those in need.

18. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Yes!!!
    "Economic theories getting crushed today"

19. longnine009

Are you paraphrasing A Christmas Carol?

20. V. Kurt Bellman

Yeah, I don't know about "nines", but I myself find going to New York to see a show MUCH more pleasurable when I don't have so many panhandlers and homeless people to step over. :D

By the way, the LAST time I went to New York was for the decennial STAMP convention, and the next time I'll go will be for the NYINC coin show.

21. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Yeah, they need to get their own room
    [​IMG]

Nathan401 and Bman33 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted