Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Is there some global news driving things down? Even gold is losing a little luster at the moment

Screenshot_2017-11-15-11-48-34.png

slackaction1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

check the US Dollar Index.

that's usually one of the larger impact indicators of PMs.
    Also Political stuff is another large indicator.
    Heavy stock market swings, then everything else unless there's a direct impact to PMs such as taxes, mining operations, etc.

Sallent likes this.
  4. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

I did see something this AM but if I post it Desertgem will scold me and move it to know where land. :woot::smuggrin:

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I like your pun about "Know where land". Jim

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  6. Sallent

Yes, don't want to end up in the Cointalk Gulag.

35005_1.jpg

20 cointalk members were lost in obtaining this top secret image of the place.

7. Clawcoins

soon to be 21 ....

8. desertgem

Hey, there is EDITED , haven't seen him for a while, maybe he has the slab he claims with him there.

9. abuckmaster147

I bet I can bring him back!
    Jon

10. abuckmaster147

Speaking of : Has anyone besides me ever been scolded by another member for a simple term that was not edited by a Mod?

11. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

If you use Apple iTunes, I recommend under the Internet radio section, under Jazz, a channel known as 101 Smooth Jazz. All instrumentals.

12. Sallent

I just walked into a shop and couldnt help myself. $1 over spot. Wasnt planning on buying anything but I just had to.

20171115_135724.jpg

13. V. Kurt Bellman

"Had to"? I seriously can't fathom the concept. They're thick as flies everywhere. You can't get away from them. Anyone who seriously thinks there's a silver supply shortage really needs to get around more. Historic "glut" is more like it.

14. Clawcoins

Now try selling them back ... lol

CoinCorgi likes this.
  15. Sallent

Who said anything about silver shortage? I'm not a pumper. And you are right, I didn't have to buy them, but I can always pass these off as Christmas gifts to friends (better than some cheesy $20 gift card) or toss them in a safe for a while. People are already paying $2.00 to $3.00 premium for Englehard stuff. You never know, in another couple of years I may be able to put these on EBay and get some idiot to pay me $5 over spot.

And if silver collapses to $14 per ounce for the next $20 years, no great loss.

16. V. Kurt Bellman

Could happen, I guess. Especially if silver is headed downward in price. That pushes premiums up, due to supply/demand imbalances. I just am in the camp where I believe metals are overpriced and due for a significant downturn.

17. Sallent

I hope so too. Yeah, I would probably lose some money, but I'm not putting all my eggs into silver, and the money I've put into it is money I dont need back any time soon (I am 35 years from retirement after all), and I'd love to pick up silver at $12 or less.

I'm not picking up much at these prices...mainly just stuff that I like and enjoy to collect.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  18. desertgem

Well, I wish there were more mods, but the pay is none, and sometimes we can miss one for a while ~ so just report it again~, and many members think of us like the guys that run the speed cameras on the freeway. ( If you drive down into the valley heading from Gila Bend to Phoenix, on Hwy85, in the distance, Interstate 10 from L.A. to Phoenix looks like a string of flashing Christmas lights) The state has a saying " Every time you see the light flash, an angel puts $125 into the coffers"

19. Sallent

I've never seen advertising for moderators here, but I'm always on this forum, so happy to lend a hand if you guys ever need it.

20. Clawcoins

Just BAN everyone.
    Makes it a lot easier.

21. Sallent

Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of this forum?

You made me laugh so hard I almost shoked for a second there.

Clawcoins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted