Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Wow, $16.74 as I type. Hopefully my January 2017 strategy works.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

$16.73 now...

4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Money is moving out of bonds and elsewhere and into the market that's been bullish since the election with the DJI about to breach 19k. Is it any surprise money is moving out of PM's. Edit: political. The rules stay the same even after the elections.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

The stock market is acting toppy today. Nobody is going to get burned today by sitting on their hands, IMHO.

Gilbert, Nathan401 and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
  7. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

You've never eaten my wife's cooking... :woot::woot::yack:

Santinidollar and Gilbert like this.
  8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Did she get her overnighted sandwich?

9. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

If ya can't say sumpthin' nice Bambi...

10. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

Seems to me it's all about the election at this time...the country is rattled and this may be the usual seesaw...expect the unexpected for a while...at this point the whole world is wondering "What up wid us?" :wideyed:
    I expect Wall St is feeling pretty strong right now so the market will rise :shifty:, result Metals are logically down :nailbiting::confused: seems to me this is the way it usually goes.

11. Clawcoins

Looks like Silver is going to go up now ... up 13 cents so far.
    and I nearly bought some last night.

12. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

$16.61 Down $0.35

13. Clawcoins

Man, that chart is just mean to Silver
    [​IMG]

14. Santinidollar

Some signs that Treasuries might be finding their new level. 10 year at 2.2 to just under 2.3 this week. Overseas bonds with the notable exceptions of Germany and Japan seem a bit more competitive. Dow Jones acting a bit toppy.

Afraid metals on the short end of the stick. I would guess investors are getting out to have some dry powder -- cash. This market situation is only 2 weeks old and has a long way to go before it shakes out into any long term sense, IMHO.

15. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I think people are starting to realize you can't eat precious metal :joyful:

16. Santinidollar

Well I've eaten a few stocks in my time, fortunately not often. They go down with a glass of milk. Think metals would be hard on the dental caps.:wacky:

Endeavor likes this.
  17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Real estate can be pretty chewy, too...

Santinidollar likes this.
  18. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Diversity is the logical solution, but if all else fails, PMs may win out, or think back to pioneer days when only durable goods and services were traded.

19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

$16.48 as I type. I sold all of my silver in the beginning of October when it was $19.15. I bought in January this year for the first time ever. Through buying and selling from Jan.-October I made a nice profit. Now I don't know if Silver is a sound investment. It's too crazy for me. Although last year silver got down to around $13.75 in December and January it was around $14.00. If I see those numbers again I'll enter the fray again.

chascat likes this.
  20. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

you can raise food on real estate and rent it out.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  21. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

PMs may look very attractive at lower levels, but what are lower levels? If our new Pres. does half the things he says he can do, then don,t be surprised to see PMs at 2003 levels again. Many of you younger investors don,t realize what very little it takes to move markets either up or down. Not so long ago, I owned a pile of silver, and couldn,t wait for it to hit 5.00/oz. I was so glad to get rid of it at those levels!

Santinidollar likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted