Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Unless the advisor is "connected" to sources of insider info, they know as little as anyone on unexpected moves. Computer analysis can be significant if the individual learns what the specific analytical indicates and follows it. human are more likely to ignore many opportunities due to "hanging on" for a little more profit the next days. Long term physical bullion holders are often in that category. Instead of using the many up and down cycles during a year, they are content as they buy while it is going up and then can't bare to sell when it has gained 5-20%. Like 60 yrs old men, they remember what they could once do 20- 30 yrs ago and think they will be able to do it again if they just wait some more time for the $40+ days or the apocalypse. If you just like to cuddle your bullion that is great, but don't think you are investing in future gains/loss. How many are on here that post "wish I had sold when it hit $$$" but instead held on, and how many at the other end " wish I had bought last week ".

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Back in the old days when the DOW was around 2,000 "buy and hold" was a good "Basic Concept". When globalization hit I think that concept should have never been used again.

My stock picks, which are few, are doing very well some up 85% since March. Other previous year picks up over 300%. It takes time for correct picks though and one shouldn't be in a hurry to invest.

I've never really trusted an Investment Advisor going back to when one was trying to get me to buy Kuggerands even after they were banned in the US in the mid 80's.

Most advisors tell you what to buy and never think of it again. The advisors may be "advised" by an Analyst. I was an analyst once before for a short time, as they prefer stuff where they made more money in better interest of themselves than their clientele. IMHO

LA_Geezer likes this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Remembering the old adage about "these apples are made for eating and these apples are made for selling," some stocks are made for investing and some stocks are made for buy-and-sell.

5. Clawcoins

speaking of investments ...

[​IMG]

6. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Stock market? There is no market. It ended when central banks started buying equities.

7. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Lose a Quarter one day lose a Quarter another day, Gain a Quarter Today!

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

So are you Mr. Glass or Mr. Steagall?

CoinCorgi likes this.
  9. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

This week has been fun with frequent changes of +/- .20-.25.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  10. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Up and down all over the place. Kind of like a mountain road in Florida.

11. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

Are there mountains in Florida?

abuckmaster147 and Kentucky like this.
  12. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Sure, they are about as big as the swings we have been seeing.

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

14. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Looks like a piece of candy. Never did care for hard candy. Give me a caramel any day.

15. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

I'm glad I bought a little on that dip for into the mid-16's we had a few weeks ago.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  16. Clawcoins

you mean this isn't Normal ??
    [​IMG]

17. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

18. V. Kurt Bellman

It's the silver spot market "bouncy castle". It's all the rage at Patrick Heller's birthday parties.

Kentucky and -jeffB like this.
  19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I've been in retreat from silver for a few months. Will continue to do so.

20. Clawcoins

speaking of retreat ...
    [​IMG]

21. V. Kurt Bellman

Yeah, yesterday silver hit $16.83 and bounced off that to about $17.06 in like no time. It's challenging that low point again.

Draft saved Draft deleted