Silver getting crushed today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Soiled, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Are we talking Dollar Cost Selling? Ie. selling monthly but not a big load?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I would probably start selling a little as a time as the price starts approaching $50 and continue to do so until I felt I had divested of enough. No way I would sell a huge amount at once as the tax hit would be horrendous.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  4. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

I think I will let it all go at $35.01 to one place at one time over and Done! If I can get a brink truck to carry it all and an excavator to dig it all up, And a treasure map to find it all! :cigar::happy::woot:

Mr. Flute, Johndoe2000$ and LA_Geezer like this.
  5. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

I forget who exactly said this [Warren Buffett maybe?] "I love paying taxes; it means I made a profit."

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I buy ASE,S strictly for the bullion content, unless you want to get them graded
    But not a fan of grading any bullion coin either, just think those premiums are
    Bit iffy and the recovering side.

7. abuckmaster147

We were at this point about 3 months ago were we not, Not to often I can sit at PC drink coffee and say I am making money!! :happy:

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

actually we were a little bit higher than we are now
    [​IMG]

how quickly we forget

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Not a matter of forgetting as much as a matter of not needing to remember. For several years now we have been bouncing around in a relatively narrow range and there is no real need to know exactly where we are in within it.

10. Clawcoins

For some,
    For others they track this stuff.
    It helps people understand/estimate potential sell, hold or buy levels.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Buy when I have money, sell a little when it gets to $45, hold until then. No, need to monitor it with a microscope.

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Try not to do that. If you sell a fixed dollar amount every month, you're guaranteeing that you sell more when the price is lower and less when the price is higher -- the exact opposite of what you want.

13. Clawcoins

thus your sell price is $45

for other people, it could and probably is different.
    Mine is much lower. I don't value having a silver hoard.
    I value silver as a storage of wealth and a form of balance sheet leverage. At which time I could reduce that storage of wealth if a little profit is to be made. I've recently readjusted my portfolio a bit for improved increase of wealth. I don't value silver or gold as a method of increasing one's wealth within a short time frame. Of course, selling my Congrats sets is an anomaly, but so are large jumps in stock price near quarterly results time.

Thus selling my ASEs with a buy around $16 and sell around $20 for me is a good result because a run to $30 or $45 may not be any time soon.

I also don't track PMs with any precision like I do my stock/bond portfolio. PMs aren't even on my spreadsheet .. it's just fun to watch.

But, every one is different.

14. abuckmaster147

I agree Claw, I like to watch the silver market for fun and reference. I Have an email set up if it drops below $15.78 it lets me know if it rises to $22.45 it lets me know so No reason to watch, Not addicted to watching just something to do. I can admit I know a lot more from watching it for the last year or so as far as what kind of things can make it go up and Go down and those sticky finger moments where No one really know. Ha Ha

15. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I have some alerts set but I can't help but check it during the day a few times. I'm a desk jockey at work so not a big deal.

16. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I would not say it is $45. When it approaches that I will consider it but it all depends on many other factors. I probably won't consider selling before then unless a dire emergency happens.

I have an investment portfolio which I use for any short term funds I may need and I check that regularly (but not daily), making adjustments as needed. But even that has not had any withdrawals in many years.

17. Clawcoins

Silver has life ..
    [​IMG]

slackaction1 likes this.
  18. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

$18.50 is when I said I would sell some, I take it back! $22.00 now!

19. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

That's why I say I will consider it at $45. If the S/G ratio drops enough I may sell some before then but only to convert it to gold.

Bman33 likes this.
  20. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Gold is at $1,349, silver at $18.15!

21. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Any of you gold folks have a price to sell in the back of your head?

Draft saved Draft deleted