Silver Bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by joesmom, Jul 25, 2004.

1. joesmom

joesmom Member

If I were to try and put together a collection of silver bullion coins for a specific date (Joe's birthyear, 1997) what does everyone suggest as to which coins that should/could include?

I've been looking at the Pandas, Kookaburas, Australian Lunar, Maples, Brits, Libertads, etc. What am I missing? Any other suggestions?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. collect4fun

collect4fun Senior Member

Us silver eagles, holiday themed rounds with dates, zodiac rounds, are a couple suggestions.

4. joesmom

joesmom Member

Yeah, the Eagles are a given...Zodiac for him would be cool.
    Keep the ideas coming. Joe knows all of the coins that I/we have now but these I would like to put away and have them be a surprise for him MANY years down the road.

5. National dealer

National dealer New Member

Don't forget the one ounce themed silver bars.

6. National dealer

Prestige set, Botanical Gardens set.

7. joesmom

joesmom Member

Themed? Are they dated? Where would I find those?

8. National dealer

Jackie Robinson and Law enforcement commems also.

9. jody526

jody526 New Member

Somalia issues a 1 oz. silver round called a "Monkey".

Zambia's is called an "Elephant".

10. Bacchus

Bacchus Coin Duffer

I recently bought a 1997 Chinese 10 Yuan 1-oz silver piece with a unicorn and a dragon:

http://www.wscoin.com/ItemList.cfm?ID=1724

I bought mine for $19.95, and this site has them for $29.95, so it may pay to shop around. I think I bought mine at Coast-to-Coast coins; see their ad in Coin World.

Also, to get the other coins you mentioned, I really like the prices and service of Silver Eagle Coins:

http://www.silver-eagle-coins.com/prices.html

although their site could be a little easier to navigate. You go straight to "Prices" to see their product line.

11. joesmom

joesmom Member

Bacchus,
    Thanks for the info. I've looked at wscoins website but still shopping around. I agree with you on Silver Eagle Coins, their website is a bit cumbersome but they had some good prices. I'll check out Coast to Coast...thanks!

12. collect4fun

collect4fun Senior Member

Draft saved Draft deleted