Silver Bullet Silver Shield - Your Take

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Silver Addict, May 16, 2013.

1. Silver Addict

Silver Addict New Member

I'm one of the folks who once believed in "Coins for the Cause" as promoted by Silver Bullet Silver Shield. Lately, I think I've been had. Their late deliveries, the Duane/Gray fighting, the new "Reign" medallion and its $29.99 premium for an existing double obverse not to mention the ridiculous marketing messages (have you read their site content?).

But now it seems the Slave Queen is being offered again. I thought my holdings of the Slave Queen were part of the only mintage to be struck. Sucks to be a sucker.

So, I'm down on these guys. Does anyone have a different perspective?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Well personally I feel somewhat the same way - big fan of SBSS but the whole Mulligan Mint/Chris Duane thing does suck, but I think the mint are being d-bags. Very low to steal and reuse designs. Personally I won't be doing any more business with the Mulligan Mint/Coins for the Cause... even though I was signed up for the affiliate program... What they are doing is wrong...
    Regarding the regular Slave Queen/Freedom Girl coins I hope they are not minting anymore with the SBSS back so hopefully the medallions we have will still be somewhat rare... Still carrying a premium last time I checked ebay too...

4. I never like when someone reissues a coin (or a medal in this case).

5. John14

John14 Active Member

If I started my own mint, I would expect start up problems similar to SBSS. - But I was also disappointed to see slave queen rounds being reissued; and the double obverse proofs seem gimmicky. - What happened to the American Redoubt release?

6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

If you were going to purchase the Freedom Girl, would you get BUs or proofs? I've heard the BUs are a little rough and the proofs are quite nice.

The price difference is over $10.00 each.

7. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

I think the one guy took his dies so the other kids couldn't play with them anymore and then he went home to mommy.

8. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

9. Silver Addict

Silver Addict New Member

That's certainly possible, but I don't know either CD or RG and can't vouch for either one of them. What I do know is that the premiums of my coins are being devalued if Mulligan Mint creates more Slave Queens. I also know I signed on with this mint because I believed in what they were doing which was to make money, yes, but also begin an alternate currency. In that respect I've been fooled.

10. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

The proofs I got for somebody here in town were very nice, and there wasn't really anything wrong with the bullion version either. Provident has them both in stock, and silverbulletsilvershield is hawking the bullion version only at this time. They also have the slave queen bullion and sbss proof side available, but it's over $40. Just a heads up, Provident is the only seller with the proof right now, but the bullion coin is about $1 more at Provident. I'd pay the buck if you're just looking for an example or 2, compared to going through the M2 nonsense.

Here is the sbss product page...deal with them at your own risk...they've been raked over the coals for slow delivery, so do your own due dilligence

https://www.silverbulletsilvershield.com/browse

11. Silver Addict

Silver Addict New Member

Hey PeacePeople, is that avatar pic the rock formation called Mexican Hat?

12. PeacePeople

Is it ever....

13. Silver Addict

Silver Addict New Member

Very nice, very nice.

14. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I avoided these from the get go because I'm not a fan of skulls, and because I'd rather have government coins than rounds anyway. I continued to avoid them because of poorly struck rounds, then delivery delays, and now childish bickering and "crabs in a basket" behavior as my grandpa used to say (one pulls another down to get up, somebody else pulls him down to get a leg up, nobody gets out of the crab pot and they all get cooked).

I like the SBSS video series and it's unfortunate to see someone who did a great job at spreading good information now tarnishing his image.

15. DrHenley

DrHenley Active Member

Not a big fan of the earlier SBSS rounds but I really like the Freedom Girl and have given a number away as gifts.

I don't know what to make of the spat between CD and RG. Chris has been blamed for a lot of things that weren't his fault, like long delivery times and poor customer support. But I think he did come off as petulant in the way he confronted Rob.

I ordered a few of the "Sentinel" coins from Coins For the Cause and had to send a check because they weren't taking plastic anymore. I have not received any confirmation of the order or that they got the check. And my old username and password didn't work anymore. I'm not getting good vibes from them at all.

Whenever I can I order from one of their dealers like Amagi I do. Amagi has been good to deal with.

16. PeacePeople

I went thru the same thing, no confirmation for a few days after they should have received payment. I sent an email and it was responded to in a timely manner and they handled it well, so far. Now the wait is for shipping, we'll see how that goes. I placed 2 separate orders, 1 for the proof type and 1 for the bu type. This order was placed thru TSP mint, so I'll post an update on here of my experience.

17. rysherms

rysherms Alpha Member

i think chris and rob are idiots. who lets their dirty laundry become such a public spectacle like this? they are the two most amateur businessmen i have read about in awhile. it sounds like MM is run like some back alley sleaze shop.

the good i hear is "great coins"....um ok. they should be for that price. they are non-currency rounds. should be spot + $0.99.
    the bad i have heard is INSANE. late deliveries. NON DELIVERIES. shoddy work. publicized company personnel issues. its ridiculous.

i have seen the coins. not impressed. they are cashing in on peoples fear. they are trying to sell overpriced silver to people who think they are "the good guys against uncle sam, the fed reserve, etc"....look, i hate the current fiat system as much as the next guy. but i still pay for my stack with monopoly money. it is what it is. and if it ever collapses, i doubt my silver will be my saving grace. no, my rifle and ammo will be. and my long term storage food. and my SUV taking me to the mountains. ill bring the silver. but i doubt it will be the saving grace in a SHTF scenario. and these guys are pumping it like they are the answer or the cure. cant stand them. will never buy their crappola.

18. Maniac2k

Maniac2k New Member

I really liked mine when i got them. With all this crap going on and now reissues. Im done. Wont be buying another one unless its way below spot!!!

19. jiggysmb

jiggysmb Member

All my orders were constanly delayed but I called how this played out months ago when my first order was delayed the second time. CD was just a promoter of the product, he never owned anything, never invested a dime. That alone speaks for itself. Seeing that I purchased the D&D coins up until March-April time period shows they produced many more of these "limited" coins as intended and I would suspect still are. Seeing that Mulligan is another failed mint operation renamed and the promoter was a used car salesman, I suggest steering clear from them.

20. bender9876

bender9876 Active Member

Was burnt from them also. I wouldnt give them a dime for their coins or any future items

21. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

I admit, I was about to bite on a Sentinel round last night from this mint, but then I came t the payment page and they don't even accept credit cards. You have to send a check in the mail? There is something wrong with a company this day and age operating a business like theirs and not figuring out a way to accept credit/debit cards. It'd not worth the trouble and makes me question their legitimacy. Will banks not even deal with them? I know PayPal won't. Seems shady.

Draft saved Draft deleted