Silver Bullet - Silver Shield. Well Isn't this a confusing situation....What is the Truth?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Ethan, Apr 15, 2014.

1. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Those people owe me money. I was one of the suckers who believed and supported them. Without a doubt, they had great products, but they appear to have gotten too greedy. I am out 10oz which sucks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

The one company is out 70K Oz...how he can say he knows not where it went? What? Lawsuits abound with this man.

4. Ethan

I am sure at this point the mintage numbers are not reliable for any of them.

5. Ethan

Well I got my 2 new copper D&D today. They are the same as the rare one except for the edge. On the original they are wide reed and the new ones are narrow reeds. I feel a little bit better about the rarity of that piece. I supposedly bought a original D&D copper and it should be here tomorrow to compare. I know I have an original so comparisons are easy. I wonder about the mintage's on these as NO information is out there.

I also have figured out that I want a proof Enemy unknown but they are $50. Not going to happen.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Slave Queen? Dat an oxymoron?

Or maybe I'm a moron........:)

7. Ethan

Look these are great bullion coins for sure. The premiums are what is not good but in the two years they have held the value very well compared to my ASE's. That could change but nonetheless I like them. Considering I just paid $25 a piece for a proof slave queen and Proof Freedom girl, I have not been hurt as of yet, Nice designs that get the non-stacker folks asking questions.

8. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Right, but I've been told they don't have cash and because of that they don't even have the dies done or any silver to produce them. They're looking to get investors for capital to get it going, and I'm not sure they'll be able to find anybody to give them the kind of money it will take to get it rolling. If you take a good look at the pics, they show a 2012 or 2013 obverse and the reverse is just a rendering, it's not a medal.

9. Ethan

Wait till providence or someone gets them.

Is the MM still there, I thought they sold off equipment in March as part of the Bankruptcy??

10. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Very nice rounds I like the ones with the AK's, very persuasive look. :cool: With that said, I would be very careful about stocking up on those rounds because the bottom line is any coin shop you go to would rather be buying ASE's, that's just the way it works. Just my 2cnts.

11. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Provident isn't a buyer and won't front capital to them. Did you happen to see the auction documents, it was a joke. They had a price for the equipment, but no list of what was there and what it was. I'm not sure about you, but I don't know too many people that are willing to bid $180 on something that may or may not be there...

12. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Looks like Farrah Fawcett back in the 1980's. :D F444GP.jpg

13. Ethan

What I was meaning is that an online bullion dealer might have them in stock, I would not buy directly from them again.

As for the Auction items, I have been looking for the results of that auction and such. I believe that the dies are being used by another mint maybe? I just have not got that far with it. No matter what it is an interesting story for sure.

14. Ethan

I actually met Farrah when I was very young. Sad....everyone my age knows 'the' poster, and yes I see the similarity now..

15. Ethan

Here is what I got today. I consider it a bargain for what I paid. Going eBay value in last 2 months estimate in red italics..Mintage estimates in Green.

(1) SBSS New Years Members Only ($35-$60)Mintage (2,013): In December of 2012, Chris Duane released a small mintage (2013 units) of SBSS double reverse medallions and limited the number available for purchase to his members.
    (1) SBSS Members Only 2012 Slave Queen($45-$70)Mintage (2,012):In December of 2012, Chris Duane released a small mintage (2012 units) of 2012 dated Slave Queen medallions and limited the number available for purchase to his members.
    (1) Freedom Girl Proof Round($35-$50)Mintage (15,000): Released on Valentine’s day in 2013, Freedom Girl was the biggest SBSS hit to date. This is why I bid on the set, this round is absolutely gorgeous!
    (1) Freedom Girl BU Round($25-$40)Mintage (150,000+): Freedom girl was the 4th and most popular round in the SBSS line. Released late January, 2013 it sold 20,000 ounces in a single day.
    (1) Slave Queen Proof Round($25-$45)Mintage (8,000+): Slave queen was the third medallion released in the SBSS series. Premiering Jan 1, 2013 it was an instant success.
    (1) Slave Queen BU Round($25-$35)Mintage (80,000+): Slave queen was the third medallion released in the SBSS series. Premiering Jan 1, 2013 it was an instant success.
    (1) AG47 Proof($35-$60)Mintage (2.500+): The AG47 was created by Chris Duane and Heidi Wastweet prior to the breakoff from Mulligan Mint. Duane later redesigned the piece to differentiate it prior to release. However, the Mulligan Mint released a select number of the re-design. This is one of the originals.
    (1) Copper Debt & Death($20)Mintage (Unknown but supposed to be around 5,000): Rare and never sold. The copper Debt & Death was created as a tribute to the original Debt & Death silver round sold in 2012. The original Wide Reed.

That is a eBay range of low of $245 to a high of $385. Let's meet somewhere south of half way, Fair Estimated Value around $275 or thereabouts.

[​IMG]

That is 7 (Oz) of Silver, plus a 'original' Death & Debt Copper. To those that follow these, I would like you to guess what the cost of this was. It is $140 in silver value alone. I really did not expect to win this but I did. I could not be happier.

Of course the downside is that I got them as cheap as I did but everyone gets lucky once in a while.

What is your guess?

JJK78 likes this.
  16. Ethan

Lower....

17. $200? If you paid under $200 you stole it.

18. Ethan

Yes, under $200....since no one else has guessed. $185 Shipped. $26 Oz is just for the metal, but if you take the proofs at least worth $25 -30, then the others at below spot. Plus the original D&D copper, which is at least worth $10. Yes, I am happy and there were more 'packages' that I wanted but I could not spend it.

JJK78 and TopcatCoin like this.
  19. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Well done. Like many have said I was an early supporter of SBSS & Chris Duane after I found his video series on YouTube (Which is pretty awesome BTW). I love the early designs and bought a good bit for my stash as they were about the same or less of a premium then comparable SAE's etc.

Once things started getting effed up with the Mulligan Mint I was still a supporter and technically part of their "distribution" network, I sat in on several of their meetings asking Rob Grey questions, pretty sharp guy, I could easily see how he could swindle people.

That being said I side entirely with Chris Duane in the whole situation, although I must say between the Mulligan Mint producing unauthorized medallions etc. I got pretty turned off on it all after especially after it took like 4 months to get the last 100oz I ordered from them. Of course after it all exploded I was just happy to have gotten my silver.

At this point in my life I've still got my SBSS stash but haven't been in a position to continue adding to my position so I have not been following the new releases very closely. IMHO I would still trust and deal with Chris Duane as I believe he is a stand up guy... Rob Grey on the other hand is a complete sleaze ball who would likely sell out his own mother ~

Draft saved Draft deleted