Silver Below $14

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Hommer, Nov 25, 2015.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Never generalize from the individual to the economy writ large. That is where error abounds. Governments SHOULD act PRECISELY the OPPOSITE of wise behaviour for the individual. Government and individuals have nothing useful in common. The answer to "suppose you ran your household like that" is "good, government SHOULD do the opposite." They are counter-parties, not partners. When the private economy is booming, government should be a miser. When the private economy is struggling, government should spend like a drunken sailor.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    micbraun and Earl Clark like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Yes if course. One would not want to be opposed to the wisdom of the queen bee and find one's self up sewage creek without any means of forward locomotion...

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

What?

I'm not sure at all what you're trying to say here, since the USM didn't start producing silver eagles until 1986. Are you talking about total amount of silver struck? By my calculation, the silver nickels, dimes, quarters and halves minted in 1943, for example, consumed nearly 100 million ounces of silver...

5. longnine009

Your are by far the most forthright Keynesian person in here about it.

But isn't it the same thing as Stackers vs. Status Quo?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  6. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Every year I give up just over half my income to get treated like this from the people stealing it from me to re-distribute it to those that have worked less for it.

Political comments removed.
    Things are getting worse...Things are getting worse every day...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
  7. Sean5150

Sean5150 Well-Known Member

The top expense for your taxes is the military, the next two top expenses are medicare and interest on debt.

Political discussion/comments removed.Rules

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Not really sure how to address this without going political, but I'll try.

If you're talking about the 24% of your taxes that are going to pay Social Security benefits for folks who retired after a lifetime of work, they may not have "worked less for it" than you have.

If you're talking about the 18% of your taxes that go to pay for defense, well, maybe the recipients have "worked less for it" -- except that I'll take years of desk work over a few hours of being shot at, any time.

And so on.

9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I tend not to trust people that highlight multiple sporatic words in a single paragraph with all caps. Call me CRAZY

10. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Wow, this is a bit over stated on the whole under $14.00 within this thread.

Relax all we are in the start of the Flat Line for PM's. The Charts do not lie as the FED does. Just buy it all up.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Thank you kindly for the compliment. Keynesian analysis and Keynesian economic prescriptions work perfectly each and every time they are allowed to work, which is not nearly often enough. I believe "stackers" are at least two of these things - high on something, insane, or perhaps just fundamentally evil. Stacking is not a macroeconomically benign activity. It parks capital where it can be put to no economic use, and that's about as evil and harmful as any economic activity ever gets.

12. V. Kurt Bellman

Taxation decisions are made by various governments, and people tend to act rationally in reaction. My state has a fixed personal income tax of 3.07%. Nobody pays more, nobody pays less. Our Corporate Net Income tax is the highest in the country at 9.99%. We tax retirement income at 0.00%. Now, guess what we have lots of, and what we have few and less every year of.

Santinidollar likes this.
  13. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

So then your saying a savings account is benign activity too? as you are parking it.. its not evil stacking silver ..

14. longnine009

Keynesians should thank us then. By contrast our insane and evil (you forgot selfish) ways shine the spotlight on the dazzling brillance of keynesian economics.

Who is evil depends on whether your the observer or the subject.

15. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

This isn't the forum you should be visiting with your belief system Kurt. Unless you have nothing better to do than annoy people with different beliefs and tell them they're all wrong - according to your perfect world order (which by your own admission doesn't happen often enough).

Bullion Investing should be a positive thing, and about learning to do it right - and learning from others experiences. Forums are good for making friends and open discussion. From what I see - every time you're involved in one of the conversations here, all you have is negativity and to try to tell everyone they're all wrong.

And now you're just insulting everyone directly and calling us names?

Yeah, I'll follow your lead anywhere.... :rolleyes:

Cascade likes this.
  16. Ana Silverbell

Ana Silverbell Well-Known Member

When I looked into my crystal ball to learn the future directions of gold and silver, I saw Janet Yellen on the telephone talking to Lloyd Blankfein at Goldman Sachs. Unfortunately, I could not quite make out what they were saying.

17. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

shucks cant lip read Ana ?

18. longnine009

Lloyd revealed the secret of his success:

Brylcreem, a little dab will do ya.

19. V. Kurt Bellman

No, no, no. A savings account may not be the best vehicle for a useful return, but the funds still are being invested or loaned (with a multiplier that is 1 over the decimal capital reserve ratio). A savings account at least provides the economy liquidity. Stacking metals is purely economically evil. It frankly at the margins threatens to create the very sort of economic collapse it is designed to protect the holder against, or rather a different type - deflationary rather than inflationary. Either way, while it makes for one type of useful "insurance policy" for one particular economic disequilibrium (hyperinflation), it is otherwise a completely antisocial behaviour.

20. V. Kurt Bellman

Why? It never has been before. It basically turned a deep stock market crash into the Great Depression in the early 1930's. Only Keynes truly saw the folly and convinced FDR to work against it.
    Seriously, hard money is as purely evil a thing that there is in economics, and one area where you find virtual unanimity among economists. Any asset tied currency (gold or silver standard) is the recipe for catastrophe and human misery.

rzage likes this.
  21. longnine009

I would't want to display anti social behavior.

Draft saved Draft deleted