Silver Anxiety

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by coinaline, Dec 20, 2020.

1. coinaline

coinaline Active Member

Does anyone else who enjoys collecting silver have this problem?

So, silver is hovering close to $26. I keep telling my husband that I hope it goes back down. He says I should be happy it's so high. I say no you don't understand...I want more, and I will only get more if it goes back down.

He enjoys stocks and never complains if they keep going higher. But, silver is something you can never have enough of....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

4. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

you mean $27?

coinaline likes this.
  5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Buy Low and sell high? I know how you feel. I sold off half my stash and now I want to replace that. How do I do that when Silver is so high? Have to speculate that it will go higher and right now it's a bargain. Tough but it's what you have to do if you want more. You're average cost per ounce will go up but if you think it might go to $35oz then go for it.

coinaline likes this.
  6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

its going up right now like crazy...

coinaline likes this.
  7. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

8. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

broke 27 easy....shooting for 30 i bet

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

yeah, I think the new stimulus bill has something to do with it.

SensibleSal66 and coinaline like this.
  10. coinaline

coinaline Active Member

Oh wow that made me laugh out loud. Totally Gollum!

derkerlegand and SensibleSal66 like this.
  11. coinaline

coinaline Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

How am I going to sleep tonight? :arghh:

SensibleSal66 and Amos 811 like this.
  12. coinaline

coinaline Active Member

I have an issue with the idea of selling :(. I think I have hoarding tendencies.

I agree that the stimulus is pushing it up.

I would love to hear everyone's predictions no matter how wild. I could never have predicted 2020 no matter how hard I tried, so I think it's impossible to get it wrong or right. I would live to hear about ideas for the next year I may not have thought of myself.

jamor1960 likes this.
  13. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Oh yea, what happened to $1200 ! I'm :rage:

14. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

What's the reason for the current upward move?

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

So, what you are saying is that you are greedy. You covet silver, but you don't like the price. I have no sympathy for you.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  16. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

As far as the stimulus monies.... I read household incomes 75,000 or less 600.00 per... maybe a percentage if you made more IDK......

17. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

I was buying more when the prices were depressed, but with higher prices, I do a lot of junk silver auctions and simply bid at a rate where my out of pocket cost is melt or less; as silver goes up, I try for even more of a discount under melt; don't win too many, but never paying a premium, and satisfies the itch.

Dynoking, johnyb, coinaline and 2 others like this.
  18. For me Silver is a long term investment just like coins. I search for high condition high silver value coins. I feel the combination of the rare coins and the silver value adds to the intrinsic beauty of a coin.
    For me each piece is a legacy, a piece of history, a meaningful mandala.

coinaline likes this.
  19. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

You do, of course, realize that by making the statement "I would love to hear everyone's predictions......." the can of verbose statements concerning silver that is now going to hit the pages of CT.

coinaline likes this.
  20. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

Silver coins as an investment? I think not. Perhaps a truly "rare" silver coin, but certainly nothing else. I collect simply for history and genealogy to pass onto my daughter. German and Welsh coins in flips in Dansco 7000 albums with slipcovers, as well as Intercept Shield A-190 type set album and complete set of Lincolns' including all brilliant proofs from 1936 in Dansco albums with slipcovers. It also helps to live in the desert southwest with low humidity.

Edward D Shapiro and coinaline like this.
  21. almostgem

almostgem Junior Member

Guess we can kiss goodbye any thought of returning to $6 (+/-) an ounce.
    I just buy bullion that I need for sets right now - yearly Eagle / Maple Leaf / Libertad.

When it drops back down to the teens I may start buying rolls again.
    Course if it keeps on going, may just have to sell some rolls !

Draft saved Draft deleted