Should You Buy Gold or Silver?? Coin Shop Owner's Advice!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Dec 2, 2021.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

It's entertainment. Society can survive without it.

We need medicines, trade, goods and services.

rte likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

It's a game and they're replaceable. You can turn over any roster of any professional sports team in 5 years and be at the same place -- or better.

If you turned over the entire work force of MSFT or ORCL or GE within 5 or 10 years, it would NOT be the same company and might be irreparably damaged.

4. GoldFinger1969

Buy the one that will go up more. :D

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Thats just not true at all. Yes you could but not at that level

Once again false. You seem to not get what an elite athlete is

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  6. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

sure, and we should just stop making music and movies as well. DURRRP

7. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I think it's a good time to look for deals on graded slabbed coins, preferably with some rarity and world coins. Bullion prices seem very high to me right now.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  8. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Used car Dealer says now is a great time to buy a car.:woot:

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  9. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Good time to trade in Trucks that is couldn't believe what trade value is, but first you got to find one that's decent.. Guess mileage don't mean much anymore remember a 100,000 miles on a car or truck was about wore out.. not now... just broke in...

10. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

condition is everything, just like collectibles

11. GoldFinger1969

Their life-span on average in the NFL is about 4 years, in MLB maybe 8-10 yeas.

Careers in business last decades.

12. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

I'd like to agree with you, but many cars have inherent design flaws that limit use, and can't be researched when new.

Sadly, I've a collection of these low mileage vehicles that are unique for design problems, where even the manufacturer or repair techs can't easily correct.

People have no idea of the potential for financial disaster within electronic gadgets.

I recommend finding a low mileage (i.e. less then 100K miles) vehicle produced prior to 2005. We won't discuss manufacturers.

JMHO

13. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Good read.
    I didn't look, but a low milage 15+ year old vehicle might be hard to find?
    That or for whatever reason it wasn't driven much might be part of the problem.
    I've got a 95 and a 97 year vehicle that I can still work on both with 150k miles.

14. baseball21

Career length averages get thrown off by the fringe players and injury. In the NFL running backs throw it off too as it is the easiest position to replace and the one with the shortest career span.

The greats play well over a decade though in any sport and and dont grow on trees. Your product would absolutely be diminished if you cleaned out the league every 5 years

15. GoldFinger1969

My point is that MSFT or AAPL would not be where they are today if you had 100% turnover over 5 or 10 years.

A sports team would survive such a purge -- in fact, you see it with tanking to an extent.

16. imrich

You are correct, locating those cars can be a significant challenge, but my common use cars have greater than 200K miles,

The vehicles are a 1991 Toyota Previa (purchased new) which has never had ANY engine or drive train repairs (other than oil filter),and a 2003 Subaru Outback. Both cars have a high-milage "back-up" (>200K mileage).

Rust is the limiting use factor for these vehicles, but the average male can keep them functioning without manufacture support.

JMHO

17. baseball21

They wouldnt survive anymore than those companies would. You could find people to fill every job every 5 years if you wanted and the quality would keep diminishing whether its a sports team or a company. With the exception of the NBA where 1 player can win a game teams that tank take about a decade to be really good if they ever actually get back there unless they spend heavily in free agency which wouldnt be possible clearing out a league every 5 years

18. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

art, music, sports and philosophy are dumb and a waste of time. some real smart people here

EWC3 likes this.
  19. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Who said that?

20. imrich

Probably many productive individuals that have different life focuses.

I know many associates who would think that phrase, but never openly state same. Their lives are generally directed towards privacy, religion, and family.

Actually I've met many who know I generally will never ask or learn their identity in life. They want to voice their concerns by only having my contact info. They generally know I can find whatever they need/want. Generally, we've met on Craigslist while they wanted to acquire coins. They know that as an objective seller I deliver best quality to be found at a "reasonable" price. I require research before a sale.

I'm finding more who are concerned about the deteriorative effects of the subject matter. They are becoming more outspoken to the known open-minded who accept same, but not participate.

JMHO

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted