Should I invest in silver bullion?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Adam34falcon, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Active Member

The picture @mpcusa posted is what I meant by capsules

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

And for you to want to risk potentially attacking a kid, I can only suspect you're a friendless, lonely dude residing somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Try to be the adult and leave it alone.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Ignore that guy.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

capsules, well that's sealed in plastic.
    I was envisioning encapsulated in plastic.
    common.png

6. rte

rte Well-Known Member

How does a 12 year old buy stocks?
    Being 12 years old you can not enter into a legal contract as a minor.

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

His parents can buy them in his name. Why don't we quit worrying about how old he is?

Adam34falcon likes this.
  8. Adam34falcon

Its an account with my name and my mom's name, although she doesn't do anything with the account, it's all me.

Ah, I see, yeah I didn't mean those.

Does anyone know if there are machines or something to take the plastic off the bars if you had alot of bars? If I sold it to a refinery, which I probably won't, but if I do it would be a pain to take thousands of the plastic seals off the small bars.

@Santinidollar do you know?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

It may be a pain, but if you are doing it then the price of silver is going to be much higher than now and so you will be making a large profit. The hourly rate, amortized out, will be very profitable to you. In the meanwhile if you need to sell in the next 20 years you are likely to gain more per bar if they are sealed that if they are not so leave them in there until there is reason to take them out.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Was actually thinking about moving all my 10 OZ Silver Bars to seal tite containers
    But there is the case that, they are all different sizes, but they would stack better
    and some good advice always buy silver from a reputable dealer.

11. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Adam, your best bet would be to buy silver that is highly recognizable to future potential buyers AND carries the lowest premium possible. Your smartest investment would be to set aside a small amount of money every month that you will use to buy silver. Or, you can set a goal of buying an ounce of silver every month or every 3 months, or whatever disciplined schedule you would always follow. The goal is that many decades from now this will be extra little store of wealth for you. (However, your big, main focus should be investing in other areas. This can just a fun hobby that's an extra little investment).

I suggest focusing on buying 90% 1964 and earlier US coins, and/or Sunshine rounds with security features on them, and/or Silver Maple Leafs.

Sunshine rounds have a security feature that, as far as we know, cannot be easily replicated by counterfeiters. 2013-present Silver Maple Leafs carry radial lines and a miniature Maple Leaf privy that has the year of mintage. Both of those features are near impossible for counterfeiters to reproduce. The result of this security is that coin shops and online buyers will always buy this silver.

Circulated 1964 and earlier American quarters, dimes, dollars, and half dollars are recognized by everyone, and, they are difficult to counterfeit. They are also easy to resell.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Adam34falcon likes this.
  12. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

Putting any amount of money into PM's is risky because its always buy low and sell high but thing is you never know how the market flexes, for example I bought some silver when it was at $15.54 a few weeks back but now the market is flexing at around $16.50 when in March and April it was at a steady $18. Playing with PM's is a long waiting game and a game of looking for bargains it's not a get rich fast game, its a "long" time investment which will generate a good amount of money when the time is right.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  13. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I'm not ragging on him, buy all the stocks you want at any age you want.
    I wish my almost 15 year old nephew would get on that path.
    I had to laugh a little as he was looking for a scissors. :p Turkish_shears,_2nd_century.jpg

Santinidollar and Adam34falcon like this.
  14. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Look into those silver bar vinyl flips.
    I have some vintage bars, so the less wear and tear the better.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  15. mpcusa

The vinyl flips would probably be a good idea, however there not air tite, so i think
    The condition of the bar would be at risk of tarnishing faster correct ?

Adam34falcon likes this.
  16. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Vinyl flips or pouches for bars contain PVC which may leach. The hard lucite boxes and capsules will always be better for long term storage.

17. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I started buying stocks when I was 13 or so. There's this thing called a Parent.

and my 11 year old started collecting silver about 2 years ago because I got him started.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  18. mpcusa

You have to watch out for vinyl and plastic type holders, for all my currency holders
    Only use Mylar-D or available equivalent, if you use anything else you risk damage
    had a whole bunch of baseball cards that were ruined with the storage sleeves cracked and discolored so you have to pay close attention when storing anything long term.

19. Aquahollic

Aquahollic ֍ E Pluribus Unum ֎

lol I didn't attack anybody.

And let me guess....you're supposed to be the adult here?

The only "friendless" "lonely dude" here is you. You joined 2 months ago and look at how many posts you have? Get a life and learn how to do research.

Ignored....

20. Aquahollic

Aquahollic ֍ E Pluribus Unum ֎

Ew, a stalker to boot! You're really a 50yr old man pretending to be 12 and I don't need you to make me believe anything....I 100% know who you are!

You don't run this forum and you aren't a mod so don't tell me when to be on these forums.

Creepy old man pretending to be 12 is ignored as well....

21. Adam34falcon

What's your problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.