Shipping times from major Bullion Dealers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jason.A, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

E-checks may be held for up to 5 days.

This is standard policy for the big bullion dealers.

However, I have noticed that one company I use frequently (JMBULLION) where I have placed thousands of dollars of orders now often ships my orders paid by e-check one or two days after I have paid. This is very validating of me as a reliable customer with over a dozen orders.

I have also noticed, though, that Provident Metals (a much smaller company than JM) but where I have actually placed more orders (although for a smaller total amount) will wait often a full business week for my e-check before shipping.

Apmex? Well, you know my thoughts on Apmex. They won't let me use an echeck even though I have a credit card on file from a previous order. That plus their higher prices means they get zero of my business.

How long do bullion dealers typically make you wait before shipping your purchase?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Unless you are a very well-established customer, you should not be surprised by the delay. This thanks to many dealers being burned by forged or canceled checks and chargebacks on credit card purchases.

4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Provident or Apmex for me, I wait until the eCheck is complete (on their end) and then they ship. Then shipping if ground takes from 3-5 days whether from Texas or Oklahoma(?).

i'm not worried about where spot is going to travel as my "bullion" is becz it's pretty to look at or just to weigh down the safe and maybe to sell some day.

If you use faster methods of payment - Credit Cards, etc then they ship much faster. Of course, you'll pay a premium for that added convenience.

So it's not that they can't ship fast. It's that you want the lowest to spot as possible, with the cheapest shipping possible, thus you are using an electronic check and have to pay the time penalty versus $$ penalty for that "fast shipping convenience".

SilverMike likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted