Selling premiums today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by medoraman, May 18, 2021.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

So, honest question. What are premiums running today when you sell silver? A friend needs to sell ASE and 90% his family inherited. He said the best offers he got online were for $.25 over for ASE, and 5% discount from spot for the 90%. I would buy it from him but am not crazy about it at these levels and I thought I heard buying premiums are up.

What should he be looking for to get for these? Just common stuff like 2012 ASE, washington quarters, etc.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

Here is what a bigger dealer pays other dealers:
    https://trading.upstatecoins.com/wp-content/uploads/dealer.pdf

$4.50 over for impaired ASE ($6.75 for "fresh" tubes) and over spot for 90% (higher premium for halves).

The offers you mention sound low. I would expect at least melt (if not over) on the 90% and $2-$3 over for Eagles (if selling online to another collector, I'd expect even more over on the Eagles).

medoraman likes this.
  4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

5. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

I've been watching Franklin half dollar rolls on ebay. Got an itch to buy some. They seem to be going for about 18% over melt.

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. It confirms the places he was checking was trying to swindle him. I thought what he was quoted seemed outlandish.

ddddd likes this.
  7. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

ONE rolls sold on this forum think 710.00 2015

Draft saved Draft deleted