Secret Santa 2017 Sign-up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Kirkuleez, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Welcome to the Seventh Annual CoinTalk Secret Santa!

The rules have changed a bit, so please bare with me and read to the end before sending me a private message with your information.

Rule #1
    Raise your left hand and read the following aloud as your family looks at you like your nuts.
    I, state your CT name, do solemnly swear to follow the golden rules of the CoinTalk Secret Santa gift exchange.
    I will ship out a gift out in a timely manner,
    and I will post images of my fine gifts after Santa delivers them.

Rule #2
    Reread rule #1. These simple principals cannot be overstated. This exchange cannot exist without the fair participation off all members who sign up. The need to post images and thank my Santa seems like common sense to me, but so often gifts are delivered and no acknowledgement or images are posted by the recipients. Both of things have discouraged many members from participating in subsequent years. Please, no Grinches this year.

Rule #3
    Participation requires that you have a post count of at least 200 and that you are in good standing with previous gift exchanges. if you have been a bad Santa in any previous year of the exchange, you will not be permitted to participate again. You know who you are, and my spreadsheet that has every last detail of the last four years also knows who you are.

Rule #4
    This exchange is open to collectors of all types of collectors, world, US, ancient, roll searchers, silver stackers and otherwise. As long as rule #3 doesn't apply to you, you are welcome.

Everything else...
    1. The gift must be numismatic.
    2. Please use $15 as the target gift value (If you want to go higher, that is up to you)
    3. If you would like to participate, PM me your mailing address as soon as possible.
    4. Deadline for entry is Sunday, December 3rd and I should be able to get your recipients address to you that same weekend.
    5. I reserve the right to deny somebody the privilege to play if I do not trust them
    • A few of you asked to send gifts to a particular person last year; if you guys are friends or otherwise just want to exchange with each other, please let me know this with your entry.
    • Please do not ask me to let you choose your own Santa just because you like the gifts that they give. This is going to be done randomly and as fairly as possible.
    If the gift comes early, as a challenge try to restrain your excitement of wanting to tear it open and wait until Christmas. Please take the time to post what you received from your "secret" Santa and thank them for their generosity. This also lets your Santa know that you gift has not been lost in the mail.

About gift selection; you can either find out what your recipient collects, or just send them something totally random. It seems that coin collectors just like coin related items, and will appreciate anything that you send.

I'm sorry, but this will be open to US residents only unless a few volunteers sign up to ship internationally. We usually have a few volunteers, so please don't let this discourage you from signing up if your are outside of the US. US residents, please let me know if you are willing to ship internationally when you send me your information.

If you want to participate, please send me a PM with you name and address. If you participated last year, I have your address unless you have moved, but please confirm your details so that I don't screw anything up too bad.

Just saying that you are in on the thread does not get you in, you must send me a PM.

Sorry for all of the rules and such, but the more people that we have happy on Christmas, the more that will join the following year.

Happy Holidays and SIGN UP!
    upload_2017-10-28_19-51-28.gif

The forth annual Secret Santa gif thanks to @McBlzr.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm in.....without reading the rules........now I'll go back and read them. :) Gentleman Kirk is a hero.........:)

Brett_in_Sacto, Kasia and Nathan401 like this.
  4. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

I'm in...PM sent

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  5. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

6. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain what part two of the everything else means? Does that mean that the coins or anything numismatic is worth 15 dollars? Thanks.

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The ancient guys usually run their own Secret Santa, but they might want to be in this one too. I'm way too intimidated to be in theirs, but I have enjoyed being in this one, so, Kirk, please include me.

9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

If it is secret are we not expected to put a return address on the envelope? What if it needs returning by the PO?

10. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

11. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

unless you get someone who knows your address I assume its not a problem.

12. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

13. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I'm in! PM sent!

14. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

This is my first year here. How do I know if I'm in good standing with previous gift exchanges? Other then the fact that I have the same first name as our host. :angelic:

15. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

16. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The names are the same (unless you want to make one up) but the addresses are changed to protect the innocent.

Brett_in_Sacto and green18 like this.
  17. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I'm in this year!

18. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

19. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

You’re about to have a one year old :woot: Good to have you in.

Brett_in_Sacto and jwitten like this.
  20. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Gifts need to be numismatic in nature. This can be coins, books, tools of the hobby, chocolate coins, coin calendars, etc. We have always used $15 as the benchmark, but lots of people go overboard. CT members are a generous group.

21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Thanks for the clarification Detective Friday! :)

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted