Searching for sterling Wittnauer presidential medals

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by gsalexan, Dec 3, 2013.

1. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Bump. Still seeking images of medals with engravings of presidents John Tyler and Andrew Johnson.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gsalexan

It took me quite a while, but I did finally locate those four presidents: Tyler, Polk, Lincoln and Andrew Johnson. Case closed.

Attached Files:

4. Rebecca Ripley

Rebecca Ripley New Member

I have a set of the 36 piece presidential metal sterling silver set by Wittnauer Precious Metal Guild. From George Washington to Richard Nixon. My parents collected this set and have it in a wooden display case and had it hanging on the wall. I inherited it and wanted to find out how much it's worth and where is the best place to sell it. Each coin has the 525 grains (1.1 Troy Ox.) Sterling Silver. I also have the small pamphlets that go with each of the coins.

5. gsalexan

The medals typically bring $1 above bullion value, maybe a little more. Spot silver is around $17.50 per ounce. Sterling silver is 90% silver (0.9), multiplied by 1.1 oz. You can run the numbers from that and get a rough idea.

6. ace1947

ace1947 New Member

7. ace1947

ace1947 New Member

actually have three of the four...still interested after all these years

8. gsalexan

The only one I'm still looking for is Andrew Johnson. If you have that one, please send me a message (click my eagle avatar and "Start a Conversation").

Draft saved Draft deleted