Scrapping for Silver

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Goodwin83, Feb 13, 2013.

1. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

I got a A/C unit from a friend I dont know how to safely break it down tho with the freon and stuff

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

well... the freon has to be safely rclaimed from the unit...in most states there are laws against knowingly releasing R134 into the atmosphere...

4. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

where would i get that done is it even worth keeping?

5. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

I've been doing mainly electronics. I get computers every now and then, and TV's/monitors are pretty common. I even got a set of 3 5ft tall speakers and an amp that went with it. Haven't sold anything though, I'm pretty much just hoarding everything at this point. What have you been scrapping recently?

6. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Mainly aluminum cans and scrap computer components. My work sent the massive load of broken computers to get them fixed and upgraded...so no go there. I've gotten few more people collecting cans for me...also got a can crusher so i can do it by hand...a lot quicker.

7. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

sometimes local utility co gives $$ for used fridges, ac &dehumidifiers

8. Rilloin

Rilloin New Member

It's a good idea,after you doing that well,I think your goal will be realize soon. :)

9. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Anybody that does a/c work should have the ability and equipment to recover the r134. I don't, however, if there would be a cost to that.

10. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Well the order from Provident hit my door step today...order was placed on the 18th...received on the 23rd. Pretty quick. Anyway here's what I got.
    Zom.jpg
    ZomC.jpg
    ZomS.jpg

definer, SilverSurfer415 and Pi man like this.
  11. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Thanks Talon....I have another package coming....I'm expecting it either Mon or Tues. Can't wait....

13. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

I have been using my money to buy guns lately since we will soon be a ban state

Goodwin83 likes this.
  14. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

Been scrapping everything just to buy 2014 Kooks from Apmex on their Ebay page.
    Just having a bed mattress on the floor is ok with me.

Goodwin83 likes this.
  15. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Well I'm a little puzzled. The last order from Provident took 5 days. I'm at the end of day 6 and according to usps.com My package left texas on the 27th....its now the first and it hasn't been seen since. Oh well guess I'll wait til friday and then call. In the mean time I may have secured two peace dollars for 15 each....that may be my next post. I hope usps gets their act together.

16. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

I always bring coins up to friends and family half the time they give me the coins or we work a deal out for a few dollars

17. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Well I'm certainly not pleased at this point---its now friday and the package info still hasn't changed from the last scan on the 27th. I already talked to Provident but I have to wait, package has to be missing for at least 30 days before they act. I've called USPS as well and they just don't seem to have a clue on whats going on...glad I pay them to ship my stuff. Thats 2 out of the 4 purchases I made with Provident thats been botched on shipping. And they wonder why the US postal service is losing money. Keep ya guys posted...

This is why I like going to my LCS most of the time...its there in my hand at the time of purchase.

18. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

I opened a claim for a missing package with USPS last night. Told me I would be contacted by the person who will be trying to locate my package with in 24hrs. Hope this goes smoothly. Very irritated at this point. Sorry for the negative posts...have to vent somehow.

19. I had a package a couple weeks ago that was "out for delivery" and the carrier walked by without dropping off anything. I went out and followed him a block to his truck and asked if he had a package for my address. He said no, and I asked him to check again and showed him USPS.com on my phone. He let out a sigh and turned and dug through a pile of small packages. He pulled mine out and said "hey ya go" without even a look of apology. He then started up his truck and drove off. A few days later I noticed a new carrier and I asked if he was covering for the other guy and he said that guy got caught stealing mail and was let go.

I don't say this to scare you. I say it because if I wasn't willing to push, then the guy would have gotten away with my package. Keep on them and follow up as they won't be giving you updates.

steelheadwill likes this.
  20. And best of luck. If it was an ounce then it likely could have been dropped. Small packages get overlooked at times.

21. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Yeah its was like 3 coins...nothing huge and provident already said it would be replaced is it hits 30 days and I still haven't received anything...just more jumping through hoops than I wanted to do. lol

Draft saved Draft deleted