Saratoga 5oz on Pre-Sale...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Cascade, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of these- 4$ over spot/ounce - that's alot for a bullion coin. Might as well go for sale priced SE's - at least you stand a chance for an increase above spot for the actual coin value!

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Huh? These go to around $105-110 after presale and depending on mintage numbers they go up from there. $95 imo is a good price and better than eagles any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Heck, apmex is already $10 more than jm!

5. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Then don't deal with Ampex! Everything comes down to a normal price after the initial price uprise! That's how I bought Canadian Birds of prey series Owl for 22.95 prepay - then it went up to 24.99 to bring in new buyers - but look at it now that silver is 14.28 ask price. JM Bullion is at 18.25 a coin!!!!!

6. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

I believe that in the future, these 5 oz may perform very well. Low mintages, government issue, different designs. I've got a subscription for the mint collector (P) versions, but thinking of cancelling it and just getting the bullion versions - cheaper, but usually higher mintage. When I got the subscription, there was a savings compared with buying them from the website, then last year they did away with that, and it costs the same as buying them as they're issued.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Heck, I like the design. Might have to get one of these 'honkers' for that reason alone.........:)

8. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I have 4-5 of these because of their amazing designs alone (and the silver content doesn't hurt either). Chaco Canyon and Mount Rushmore are breathtaking writ large. I'll probably buy a Saratoga too because it's such an under-appreciated historic event. With it circulating on the quarter maybe more people will come to know what happened there. It was a hugely significant battle that turned the Revolution around and opened up French support, which arguably won the war for the US. I also hope the series eventually features Lexington and Concord and Yorktown. We'll see. Though I admit the Saratoga design doesn't exactly match up to some of the more intricate obverses in the ATB series.

green18 likes this.
  9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Jm has upped them by $5 now. Still a few bucks cheaper than apmex though. I have a feeling this is gonna be a low mintage along with the P. Glad I bought a roll when I did @ $94 per :happy:

A bit bummed though that I didn't pull the trigger in the first hour of the apmex presale at $89 per but who cares really. Still a good deal

10. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

The last design for 2015 I like it .

Draft saved Draft deleted