San Fransisco 2coin ASE set, who, what and why?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

I believe they will sell most of the sets in two weeks. "Anniversary" seems to be a key in some of the collectibility of the 2011units as many other years of anniversary products. The "S" might make them attractive around the world but money is tight for many across the planet. A 100 Billion Euro loan did not even move the stock market today.

Pep

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I originally thought about 500k sets. I'm now thinking 300k. Here are my thoughts:

Week ending 14 June 150k
    Week ending 21 June 50k
    Week ending 28 June 25k
    Week ending 05 July 75k

Total 300k

4. Outlaw

Outlaw Senior Member

my order is in process , i hope they ship early because i would like to end up with 4 grade 70 sets to pass on to the grand kids

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

"In Process", cancel boxes gone...........

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yep, we're stuck with them now! :D

7. sturmgrenadier

sturmgrenadier Junior Member

My order is 'in process', but the cancel box is still there (strange).

8. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

My still stays backordered with a shipdate of 27 July. Wow, that is three weeks after the end of the sales. I thought it said 27 June but I guess it was just my hoping.

9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I have the 2006 set and the reverse proof from the Anniversary Set. I bought the regular 2011 proof direct from the mint the standard way. I wasn't sure if I was going to purchase this current set, but my two children said to get it as a Father's Day gift. I'll order it tomorrow. This way I'll have all three reverse proof eagles. Those are the only coins in these sets that appeal to me. I have slowly been loosing interest in the American Eagle series since the 2009 fiasco. I may close the book on them all together after this purchase. I like the classic's and have too much money tied up in modern coinage.

10. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

Sounds like you and I are thinking along the same lines. I have the 06 RP slabbed and a couple 2011 sets stashed away. I had five, sold two and then decided to sell one more. For me it, was like how many ASEs does a technically non-serious collector of them need? I'm happy with my two sets and all the rest of them I have.

I was planning on buying this one but I might take my chances on the secondary market. I think there will be plenty to go around when its all said and done. I agree. I'm more excited about older collector coins than more new ASEs. They're not grabbing me like a "have to have" item. I would like one set. Whenever I get around to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted