San Fransisco 2coin ASE set, who, what and why?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Clint

Clint Member

ditto.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

For $150 I will likely pass. I got my RP fix from the A25 set - of which I still have 3 laying around. I decided a while back to stop chasing all these new mint issues and save my money for coins I really want.

4. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Well, you can just take your sound reasoning and common sense and leave right now. There is no place for that kind of thinking around here.

5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

The TV guys got theirs last week (by the pallet) and cherrypicked a few thousand sets. Sent those off to their TPG and the 70s will be ready for prime time 6-7...:eek:

6. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Two sets just for my own enjoyment--finally placed order after an hour on the web, waiting.

7. rhwsu

rhwsu Member

two sets to pass on to my kids, the pricing is getting awfully steep.

8. Clint

Clint Member

I guess the price isn't the biggest reason I won't get more than one! To be honest, I wasn't thrilled with the A25's packaging...pretty contorted way to get into your stuff and see those coins, and not secure way to ship. If this one's packaging is anything like that, I'd prefer them slabbed anyhow (and save money buying them that way!) I'd check the mint's site to look closer, but...guess what?! It's down for technical difficulties. Wonder why? Maybe just get one RP later and save a bunch of moolah.

9. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I just ordered 2 sets of the SF Proofs. I missed out of the 2011 5 coin set so I'm happy to have ordered these sets. I'll keep one for sure and see how the market goes for the 2nd set. Knowing me, I'll probably keep both sets.

I'm still kicking myself for missing the 2011 ASE set of 5.

10. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

As far as the price speculation, the US Mint will produce as many as the demand is for a month or so. The secondary market price may even go below cost if there are people holding onto a lot of sets to sell with lots of $$ tied up in them. Either way, I collect for the enjoyment of the coins I own.

11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I just tried on-line several times and the site was "Having Technical Difficulties", tried by phone and the line was busy, tried back on-line and was finally able to get in an order. Just one set.

12. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

750 for 5 sets.. dang thats a large chunk

13. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Ordered 1 set at 4:01, ordered another at 4:03.
    Order #s show that 240 orders were placed in 2 minutes.

No problem ordering, in and out in less than a minute on both orders.

Mint says shipping in late July. I say lots sooner than that...the Mint hates for you to use that CANCEL BOX they put up...:D

14. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

It is my understanding that the mint will only stamp out enough to fill the orders requested, no more - no less. My order was also for just one set.

15. I think it would be cool if the mint placed a sequential serial number on each COA up to the total number minted. TC

16. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Yes, it would be nice. Not that it should, but it would likely add $10 to $15 to the total cost of the product.

17. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

Out of curiosity, why would someone keep trying for an hour? Don't you have like a month to order these things? I'll probably buy one because they'll look nice and could make a nice gift for someone.

18. wornslick

wornslick Junior Member

After seeing the price I am not sure I need one. I already have a 2012 Proof. I know that these will have the "S" minmark, but I still feel like I am paying $149.99 for one coin. I have time to think about it though.

19. Danr

Danr Numismatist

here is an idea- order bunch of them- you will not get them until they are no longer available. At that time you will know if they popped up in value- if they have not popped up in value send them back!

20. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

and then we can all wonder why they charge $149.95 for this set?

21. Order in process. Cancel boxes are now gone. These may be shipping sooner than we think and they say. TC

Draft saved Draft deleted