Saint-Gaudens Silver Commemorative

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by DUNK 2, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Dennis Misiak

Dennis Misiak Member

Great Collections Item # 774376, for those interested

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Great looking piece! The US Mint should have minted the idea! :D

4. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

The price has fallen since since earlier in the year. It always does....these items are no longer "hot"....supply increases....other newer hotter products hit the market (i.e., the 2019-S Reverse Enhanced Proof)...and I'd say the price has fallen by about 50% across the board, give-or-take.

5. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

Prices have fallen bigly. I had never seen this piece and wanted if for my collection. I found a PF70 on eBay for $75. I also scored $6 in eBay bucks.

Attached Files:

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  6. GoldFinger1969

I bought a 70 and a 69 for a bit more than that.

7. GoldFinger1969

Did you ever get one ?

I've seen a few on auction sites. Seem to be going/asking for about 20% over spot gold. I would buy one if the price was right.

8. GoldFinger1969

BTW, just goes to show that you can find good deals at otherwise staid or same-stuff local auctions....I picked up a PF69 recently at a local coin show which is much less than I've paid or seen on the auction sites.

Now that I have too many, I guess I know what I can give away as Christmas presents....:D

9. GoldFinger1969

BTW, the 2017 version was ULTRA High Relief, the 2016 was just High Relief.

ripple likes this.
  10. GoldFinger1969

....and there's a Reverse Proof, too ! :wideyed: :D

11. slackaction1

slackaction1 Well-Known Member

...other newer hotter products hit the market (i.e., the 2019-S Reverse Enhanced Proof)...and I'd say the price has fallen by about 50% across the board, give-or-take...………... Goldfinger at what price did you see the 2019-S Reverse Enhanced Proof fell to 50 % off.

12. GoldFinger1969

I don't know what that one was selling for earlier, it is more obscure and probably fewer mintage so may not have run as high early.

I believe I saw it for about $140 or so.

slackaction1 likes this.
  13. slackaction1

slackaction1 Well-Known Member

I knew it... I knew it..should have sold and made some big profit but she said no just hang on to it and I did and it dropped.. Should never listen to her first place..

14. GoldFinger1969

I see a regular (non-HR) going for $180 on Heritage and a Reverse Proof for $175.

I'm surprised that the PF70 non-HR is going for that much. In that grade I was able to get them for well under $100 a few months ago. Even the Ultra HR 2017 only cost me $110 or so.

15. GoldFinger1969

Those prices held today on those commemoratives as the bids got no higher.

I wonder if an impatient HA only-bidder never saw those items on other platforms....got greedy...and bid high.

You certainly get them cheaper on GC and Ebay if you have time.

Draft saved Draft deleted