Russian Gold News!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Apr 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Other gold news as well, just sharing the news on video by Kitco! :D Many Russkies buying gold, I don't think that's a shock! We'll see if that pumps up the price soon, video says it will! :cigar:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

For others who are video-averse:

https://www.kitco.com/news/2022-03-...s-it-restarts-official-bullion-purchases.html

Not sure what to think of this article, given that it starts with

From the chart I just checked, gold ranged from $62.35 to $61.69 over the past week, so I have no idea what they mean by "current market value". And as of today Google says 5000 roubles is US$58.31.

Russia can offer whatever price they want, but who's going to sell to them if they're bidding below market value?

fretboard likes this.
  4. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

Their long-suffering population, who will be given no option but to trade their gold in (at a loss) to buy de-valued Rubles so they will have 'valid' currency to purchase food/essentials/etc.

fretboard likes this.
  5. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I should do a little history of what Kitco predicts correctly lol
    I remember in Dec 2021 when they felt gold would be down to $1500 in 2022 by now...tough to predict an invasion but also...obviously tough to predict ANYTHING in bullion :cool:

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

When it comes to war in UKRAINE its difficult to predict how anything will react
    unfortunately now that we are use to it and the mass suffering things have begin
    to stabilize, my gas price just dropped 3 cents.

7. fretboard

Terrible time to live in Russia right now for sure, especially if you have gold and you need some rubles! tmoney - Copy.gif

8. mpcusa

I have been told that the rebel has recovered a bit, by this chart, but still
    way down there. time to get out your gold !

9. mpcusa

1,000 RUB to USD - Convert Russian Rubles to US Dollars
    Xe Currency Converter

ConvertSendChartsAlerts
    Amount
    1,000.00₽

From
    [​IMG]
    RUB – Russian Ruble

To
    [​IMG]
    USD – US Dollar

1,000.00 Russian Rubles =

11.974218 US Dollars

1 RUB = 0.0119742 USD

1 USD = 83.5128 RUB

We use the mid-market rate for our Converter. This is for informational purposes only. You won’t receive this rate when sending money. Check send rates
    Russian Ruble to US Dollar conversion — Last updated Apr 4, 2022, 21:47 UTC

10. mpcusa

So who's going to put Putin on trial ? its obvious that the west is going to do very
    little to nothing to make that happen, may be someday the west will have the
    courage to do something...

Nyatii likes this.
  11. fretboard

Yes, that's gonna be a tough nut to crack for sure, especially if he never leaves Russia. The only way the US would do anything is if he came to vacation in the US which will never happen! ;)

12. mpcusa

They know we wont do anything, so they will continue there brutal assault
    its a crying shamed right now I am not very proud to be an American :(
    protect the innocent we are falling way short of that !

13. fretboard

I hear you and I agree, it's a shame to see all the war crimes being committed and Mr. Russkie is making a mockery out of all of us and it's not just the US! What's frustrating is this was likely predictable as the history told everyone what could happen. Still nobody thought Russia would be that crazy, now we know! :banghead:

MIGuy and Paddy54 like this.
  14. mpcusa

is Putin going to go unchecked ? it sure looks that way to me ;(

15. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

When companies/individuals predict what will happen in the PM market it is my opinion that they still use the old method: S W A G (scientific wild assed guess)
    JMO
    Semper Fi.
    Phil

Paddy54 likes this.
  16. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Well said Fretboard...well I said 30 days ago...everyone chip in a dollar...hell Ill put in $500.
    And once we hit a billion dollars go on the dark web and place a want ad....a hit on Putin
    A billion dollars should be a enough $$$ to get someone interest to off him.

Please understand that I am not an advocate of any violence...however in the words of
    Mr. Spock "the needs of many outweight( the needs of few) ! " and this SOB needs to be eliminated at any cost.

Jeffjay and fretboard like this.
  17. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

We may be lucky to have Putin. Who knows who is in the background pulling his chain. Even if we are lucky enough for us to get him, who will take his place.

18. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

No one is pulling Putin chain! If you are a student of history one would know that Putin has had a hard on to restore the old USSR ! As well "all its pryor holding "..... he's old school Stalin....and his 1st rule in the rule book is.... rule what ever way possible to obtain your goal....no matter the cost.
    And true one doesnot know whom he has in the wing.... but thats why a weapon holds more than 1 shot.
    To kill a snake one cuts off its head.... as well the heads of any that follow.

19. mpcusa

The cost is still growing......

20. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Sorry folks, I am closing the thread as this is a POLITICAL subject that is not allowed/ Please use www.Partisanlines.com, our associate site. I understand what all are saying but it is the rule. Jim

Cheech9712 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.