Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You're killin me with the upside down and sideways oriented pictures.
    Nice finds though.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

Very cool. Thanks FurryFrog!

4. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

Good catch with the '87. I think that the only NIFC-year I have not found yet.

5. nuMRmatist

nuMRmatist Well-Known Member

I use FaceBook for file host. Their servers rotate pics by guesswork / programming. Sometimes before pics actually load in a F/B page, you see 'Image May Contain...'

This computer has Windows on it, so it loads pages slowly (I usually do Linux Operating System). The pic above of the '69 D showed 'image may contain a plate of food'.

An F/B buddy also caught this once. Posted a pic of a babe at a laundromat, looking at her iPhone, with row of Dryers in background.

F/B called it 'image may contain a woman at a shooting range'.

calishield likes this.
  6. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

two more boxes of halves- nothing. I am started to think boxes aren't worth it. I've gotten 1 90 and 5 40's from like 30 total boxes of halves. I have gotten exponentially more from teller trays. Also 2 more dime boxes. I ended my 7 box skunk streak with a 1964 and then started another streak with the 0 in the second box. Been really dry lately.

7. nuMRmatist

1 other Kennedys that I snapped a pic of, before re-wrapping:

Heart skipped a beat on this one, but it turned out to be a Kennedy with 1918 Walker Half finish.

Done purposely, but how? Blast media???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. nuMRmatist

Don't give up bhh. I was reeling from skunk boxes - last night 2nd box Kennedys was a ZERO, but 1st box was a hit - almost makes up for 5 skunk Kennedy boxes in March.

But as far as Halves boxes; your tellers mind seeing you come and go with heavy boxes of rolls? You see the other thread?

9. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

The plastic wrapped rolls are still giving nothing newer than 2014.

10. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

4E89C733-72F3-45CD-BBA5-DD18B407075C.jpeg My finds for this week out of Loomis boxes
    A cool 1930 Panama
    4-90s (2-Walkers, 2-jfk)
    9-40s
    91D9FC40-CC7F-4779-ADF9-480050CB63D2.jpeg
    68F36AC3-25D3-4599-8147-F7F91C49B17D.jpeg

Arby, AllCoExpat, Christobal and 6 others like this.
  11. furryfrog02

12. nuMRmatist

Pretty cool there Sam C; could you post some pics of the Red-Sharpie marked NIFC's and Proofs?

13. Sam Carter

I’m getting ready to dump them but sadly here is a 89s and a 06d, there weee some rolls where half the roll was marked on the edges.
    6B047A5D-D160-4C4F-B6E9-3CBD01E2413A.jpeg
    04BF6502-2F89-4F17-9C59-491AED1E072C.jpeg

14. furryfrog02

My favorite "marked" find was a 76 with a struck through cloth error. Someone marked the reverse with a sharpie since it wasn't silver. Didn't bother to flip it over and see that it was worth way more than a silver coin.

berto likes this.
  15. nuMRmatist

Good shot Sam C [​IMG]; about how many marked NIFC's and Proofs did the other searcher miss?

16. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Those Sharpie marks should come right off in acetone. For a NIFC, it might be worthwhile; for a struck-through-cloth, it certainly would be.

nuMRmatist likes this.
  18. Sam Carter

Thanks, will have to try and pull the NIFCs today during the dumping run at lunch.

19. furryfrog02

I'll have to dig the coin out. I've never used acetone after reading about how dangerous/flammable it is. Some day perhaps I will work up the courage haha. I know it is probably no more dangerous than a bajallion other household chemicals.

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yeah, it's flammable; certainly don't smoke around it. As solvents go, though, it's pretty safe, not a whole lot more toxic than alcohol. Use it in a ventilated area, and when it's time to dispose of it, let it evaporate outdoors.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  21. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

I've had good results with rubbing alcohol - dip a Q-tip into the bottle and roll the cotton back and forth across the ink mark - usually comes off after a few seconds.

-jeffB and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted