Reverse gold buffalo

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by New collector, Jul 2, 2013.

1. New collector

New collector Member

The release date is JUl 8, from the US mint site. Any guesses on the price, maybe around the 1700 mark. I'm thinking about getting one, but the price may be to high, and do you think it would be wise to get one? Always get good advice here.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

I'm going to get one. I don't care about the price and usually I'm a little tight, there has to be a good chance of price gains but in this case I just want one..... I just checked the price of the regular proof, whew, that's some premium, bummer.

4. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

5. bg35765

bg35765 Member

I don't think the mint has confirmed it, but speculation is that it will use the same price structure as the normal buffalo gold proof coin which is tied to the spot price of gold.

That coin is currently at $1640, so I would expect it to be priced the same.

One difference though is that this one is not supposed to be available as part of the bulk purchase program. That means that the big dealers will not get the 5% (minus 1% shipping) discount that they are accustomed to. So if you looked at the price of a slabbed regular gold buffalo proof and expected the reverse proof to be priced lower because of the drop in gold, I would not expect that to happen. They might be priced about the same. ($1900 - $2000 for PR70.)

6. krispy

krispy krispy

This reverse proof AGB is another release that is going to be "minted to demand." We'll probably see a short (month long?) period of time to order, then an anxious little wait for delivery. This is the first RP AGB so like many other "firsts" products from the Mint, there tends to be strong secondary prices for the coins, though with the price of this product compared to silver eagle RPs and the fact that the RP treatment to coins is growing less and less 'limited' in its application, the market for these could be much more divided. Mint to demand on an expensive coin could well produce a slim mintage, and that could be aided if POG starts to rise again.

Mint News Blog had details of the coin recently in this article from June 19th 2013.

7. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

can you subscribe to this one or is it first come first served?

8. krispy

krispy krispy

'Mint to demand' sales are not sold by subscription.

9. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I'm in for one....got to get it to keep this one company.

. Z11.jpg

10. Webracer

Webracer New Member

I think the us mint is getting a little greedy asking over $300 an ounce for the premium,
    I won't be buying this issue

Draft saved Draft deleted