Remember when people were paying $50.00 plus for a ounce of silver.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by bkozak33, Feb 17, 2013.

1. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i never payed $50 an oz. i bought all my silver at $8-9 an oz :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

"It's funny because it's true." I'll never get that either, my friend.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I remember when I was paying 25c/gal for 103 octane Sunoco. I'd much rather see the gas take a nosedive.

Chris

5. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Not as funny as when they were paying $5.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Even if it meant going back to the salary you were getting back then? :devil:

7. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

This brought back memories of 'gas wars'. Not sure how many here remember those, but dealers across the street from each other would start lowering their price in a war to get the most business.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Forget the salary! I was making a grand a week playing pool.

Chris

9. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

If it's not alot more, we need to chat privately...;)

10. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Remember when all of those geeks were paying hundreds or thousands for old pennies?

That was freaking hilarious.

What was that about not throwing stones? :)

11. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

at things that shine.

12. petro89

petro89 Member

Me too! I remember selling junk at 32 times face and then Bin Laden getting killed a few days later. My funds went towards my new car :)

I started saving that junk silver when you could buy it under 10 times face...I remember buying silver dimes for 75 cents to a buck! And the first bars I ever bought were $12-14/oz. I have never paid more than $32 an oz. Probably a bit of luck involved, but I think I did pretty well :)

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone? Yeah, I never paid $50 for an ounce of silver but I have paid more for a 'way less than an ounce' piece of copper........:devil:

14. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

I didnt even know the 2013 silver eagles have been for sale at the mint yet?

15. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I know I got a E-mail from US Mint for the Proof
    but not the UNC-W yet.
    I think March or May the UNC W is issued??
    :devil:but I am not 100% sure what Day or time the US mint issues any thing @ times all I get is your order is on Back order :yes:

16. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Yep!! :thumb:

I recall starting a thread called "This is Why No $50 Silver" to warn folks that the run-up was unsustainable...and I got CRUCIFIED!!!:3three:

17. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Not at all. Once Gold drops SIGNIFICANTLY, and retreats to the $1000 level, you will see Silver rise up. It is like the Stock Market--cyclical, and Silver and Gold have inverse relationships.

18. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

So far what we have seen is Silver and Gold charts moving are close together what makes you say they have inverse relationship? Only factor that would make it other wise is Silver is industrial usage which can bring it down if there is severe recession (reducing industrial and leading to sell off inventories).

19. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

I agree. Lots have been made of silver as an industrial metal, but very rarely have i senn them demonstrate an inverse relationship. Gold and platinum maybe, but not gold and silver.

20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

ROFLMAO. Yeah just a matter of time like in 1500 years. Last seen 7 years ago silver for "life" lol

21. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

no one here owns enough of it to make any real money, example 100,000 dollars worth. Just goobers with a few hundred ounces

goldcollector and midas1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted