Recent pick-ups- coin shows and estate sales

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by longarm, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Well with the - Edited - virus all everyone's talking about, I thought I'd post some recent pick-ups I scored lately. First off is from the Cowtown Coin Show, here's some pucks I got for $115 each. pucks1.JPG
    Next the rounds and a silver peso, I got for almost spot and it's a pocket piece now.
    roundsOBV.JPG
    roundsREV.JPG
    And these 1/10 ozs were a big hit.
    tenthrounds.JPG
    Now on to the estate sale where I scored BIGLY! Only paid $120 each.
    pucks2.JPG
    Here's the proofs, I paid $30 each because I bought them all. Years- 86,93,94,95,96(forgot to add to photo) 01,02,04 and a 15.
    proofs.JPG
    And last, but certainly not least, the 2013 set.
    2013eagles.JPG
    Here's some of the pucks I've bought off ebay, I don't remember the prices, but I only bid on deals.
    pucks3.JPG
    And I'll end with the bat pucks from APMEX, enjoy.
    batpucks.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I am shocked any shows are open to be honest. They all closed here weeks ago.

YoloBagels and spirityoda like this.
  4. longarm

That was back in February, sorry for not making that clear.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice. Even in February I'm surprised the show was open.

6. longarm

Yeah, I guess nobody knew just how serious everything would get, I also have some stuff from the Grapevine Coin Show that was in February, but I left it all at my other place.

7. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

It's not called China virus.

Mr Roots and Fallguy like this.
  8. longarm

Did anyone go to the coin show in Edmond Oklahoma back at the beginning of March? I was going to go but something came up, but my buddy went and he said there was no bullion for sale at all. He sent me a link from a video with one of the dealers that was there and if I find it I'll post it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  9. longarm

10. longarm

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I went to a local show near the end of January. It was somewhat sparsely attended, and nobody was wearing masks yet, but handshakes were way down. I sold some gold, but wish I'd sold a bit more, and of course wish I'd dumped some silver.

There's an even smaller show at the beginning of May that I'm sure will be canceled -- it's only got maybe a dozen dealers in a good year, crammed into a cramped room.

The big annual show is supposed to be the first weekend of June, and I'm increasingly pessimistic about that one. I certainly expect we'll be on the downhill side from the peak by then, but gathering hundreds or thousands of strangers, many of them elderly and with other health problems, seems like a bad idea. (So does having a bunch of attendees wearing masks!)

12. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Feel free to keep looking ignorant. I tried to give you a gentle correction.
    - Edited -
    "Coronavirus" is a better term, because it at least tells what it is, but it doesn't tell us much else.
    Covid19 tells us a lot more. It tells us it's a coronavirus and from 2019.

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Never mind all that, clearly the most important thing for a name to do is assign blame. :rolleyes:

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If that is the case, then we will have to call the 1918 influenza, which kill the highest percentage of the world's population the "United States Flu" , " American Flu" or the "Kansas Flu". People always try to blame things on others when their own knowledge of the subject is close to zero. Here is the "Bigly article"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC340389/

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  15. longarm

Who cares what it's called? I mean REALLY? Why do the same clowns show up every time trying to hijack a stacking thread?

16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Evidently you cared! And the "clowns" are members of the forum and all members are bound by the same rules and can post in any common thread. Stay Safe.
    Jim

17. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

If anyone is still interested in talking about coins, I'd like to point out that $30 each for those ASE's is an outright steal!

Great haul!

YoloBagels and longarm like this.
  18. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Maybe the proper name should be "The - Edited - Corona virus Covid19virus Flu Epidemic" that has infected too many people.

19. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

BUY the way, great pickups. You building a house?

20. longarm

Haha, no I just had some prints out for a job I'm doing.

21. longarm

Here's a tip for the stackers out there, I'm taking advantage of the gold/silver ratio by packing up all the 14k and 18k scrap I have and sending it to the refinery, where I can trade it for silver eagles. I have enough to probably get half a monster box.
    Check it out @ dillongage.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.