Recent E-bay purchase of a Chi-Woo (What would you do?)

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What should i do with this coin and what kind of feedback should i give the seller ?

1. Keep the coin and leave negative feedback

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Return the coin and leave negative feedabck

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. leave neutral feedback and consider what to do with the coin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. leave no feedback and keep the coin and walk away

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. leave no feedabck and just return the coin

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Well i just got this coin, after much personal struggle with the price of $35 which
    I found was the least on the bay and free shipping though i have found cheaper
    Shipping brings the cost over the above so i went ahead and pulled the trigger
    the picture was of a really nice unblemished coin however the one i received
    at first glance looked really good but after taking pictures the coin has some flaws that
    you could not really notice right away, but stuck out like a sore thumb, some contact
    Marks and some ware on the outside rim once you new what to look for.

So, i tried contacting the seller not once, twice, but now four times with no response
    all i am looking to do is get a replacement coin but to ignore me over the past week
    is unacceptable, coming from a customer service back round ignoring the customer
    is a no,no and the number one rule i really dont want to go through the hasell
    and expense of returning it, he should have inspected the coin more closely
    before shipping it.

Most likely i will probably still keep it even if the seller doesnt come thru with a new
    coin but it is a aggravation :(

I would like your input

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

almost forgot, here are the pics of the coin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

If it's a good coin and you want to keep it, I'd say keep it and leave negative, since it's very poor customer service to ignore inquiries.

If you can get a better coin for a better price, then it's time for eBay Buyer Protection, where you'll enjoy a full refund and free return shipping.

5. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

My input is it sounds like you regret paying 200% spot and that you'll keep it no matter what the seller says (or doesn't say).

It sounds like you are trying to get support from the forum to justify the bad feedback you are going to leave.

6. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

How bad are the blemishes? Could it have jingled around in a capsule during shipping and caused this? Or are you hyper critical of every mark and used a microscope to find anything wrong

7. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

I THINK 35.00 IS A CHEAP LESSON .. FOR ME ANYWAYS......... Ebay is a gamble I know I got burnt too.... but have had great transaction also just more communication between me and seller....working things out... but leave feedback to warn others if you think its just.........

8. mpcusa

Just looking for opinions is all, i am still on the fence on what i am going to do
    However the seller has not been responsive to the now 5 emails i have sent so
    What kind of feedback would you leave ?

9. mpcusa

A little frustrated though, just because he has not responded to any of my communications and there has been several attempts !

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It's summer; it's possible that the seller has actually been gone for a week. I would give the seller more time to respond before opening a case or bad-mouthing him/her by name.

I don't know what your expectations were for the coin vs. what the seller claimed in the listing. It's not clear to me that the coin is worse than described -- I haven't seen the original listing, nor do I know what you consider to be issues with the coin you received. I'd expect a good seller to try to make the customer happy, but it depends a bit on how the customer comes across, too.

11. mpcusa

There are no vacation notes on his account and the coin showed up in 3 days
    so not sure what the problem is ?

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Or he could just be busy/forgetful. Or a bad seller. Or a jerk.

13. mpcusa

His seller rating is at 99.7 % so i dont want to ding the guy if there has just been a misunderstanding here but for the life of me i dont know what that could be ?
    and a negative on your account is "Death" on the bay !

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Post the initial listing.

And yes most sellers will ignore messages that sound like a buyer is trying to get a discount. There is nothing the seller can say that won't just weaken his position with ebay

15. mpcusa

Not looking for any type of discount to be clear, just looking for a un blemished
    coin as shown on the listing, will try and put that up asap

16. baseball21

The one you pictured really is, it's not perfect but I suspect you didn't pay for perfect either judging from the price. I could change my mind from the initial listing. That said it was 35 dollars most sellers don't want to spend 20 dollars shipping items back and forth over such a small sale

17. mpcusa

The coin pictured is not the one i received. not looking for perfect however there
    are many other listings with similar price points, will make my decision after
    The 4th of July Holiday.

18. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

5 emails in 1 week?

I can't imagine being a seller and having to deal with mpcusa.

BlackBeard_Thatch and baseball21 like this.
  19. baseball21

Post the listing and the coin that you were sent. No one can give you an opinion without seeing and comparing

20. mpcusa

the seller: ag47metals

i tried to copy the link but you can look for yourself, just looked at his rating and guess what i am not the only one he has done this to, his last rating was a negative
    For the same reason.

21. mpcusa

And yes, i will send a sixth if necessary what ever it takes ! and if he does not respond to that one we will take it from there.

Draft saved Draft deleted