Putting a 1937 p walking Liberty on ebay

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by DysfunctionalVeteran, Jul 29, 2016.

1. DysfunctionalVeteran

DysfunctionalVeteran Oddly enough

But I can't verify anything in it. I pulled it out of my junk drawer. Advice on how to list it??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If you already sell on e-bay, go for it. If you don't already sell on e-bay, why not offer it on the sell forum here?

4. DysfunctionalVeteran

I can do that but I know nothing about it and don't want someone to get stuck with a junk coin if something turns out wrong with it.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If you post good pictures and are honest, this would be a better place than the Bay, unless you are already selling there.

tommyc03 likes this.
  6. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

7. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

It appears to be cleaned.

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

And you don't think this can/will happen if sold on ebay?

Kentucky likes this.
  9. DysfunctionalVeteran

I suppose that can happen too.

10. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Even with Blurry pics it looks cleaned (AU details) as @Omegaraptor stated - surely not MS!

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Indeed it can. If you genuinely care that the buyer fully understands what they're purchasing, the best way to go about this is full and proper disclosure. As I believe has already been said, quality photos that well represent the coin's in-hand appearance are a must. Make sure your camera is focusing on the coin as opposed to the background, don't wash out the surfaces with too much light, etc, etc (there are many imaging threads here if you'd like tips or advice). Basically, be sure to provide photos of the same quality you would expect when buying.

As for the description, don't fluff up a coin into being something it's not. There's nothing wrong with talking up strong points, but if, as an example, a coin has an glaring problem, don't avoid it even if it's clear in the photos. If it has been harshly cleaned, polished, etc, etc, do mention it. A coin is what it is, and while made up stories of grandma's secret stash or grandpa's collection may sound fine and dandy, they'll turn off more buyers than they turn on (not that you would do such a thing... just making a point).

If you're new to selling coins on ebay, it's usually best to start out small and try to build feedback (even if feedback is a rather poor indicator of seller quality or trustworthiness). You must remember that while the larger sellers can shoulder multiple negs without batting an eye, smaller sellers can be destroyed by even one, so be sure to go that extra mile even if the present rewards are not worth the effort.

12. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

It looks like been clean and if that is the case then you will not get much for it. Maybe a little over melt

Draft saved Draft deleted