Purchase lands precious metals dealer in hot water

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Owle, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Owle

Owle Junior Member

There are a lot of people who refuse to deal with those with a legal violation; if the guy is buying/selling fair, what's the big deal? So many people in his area are going to drive an extra hour or more to find a fair dealer; or buy/sell through the mail or take a huge loss dealing with pawn shops.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Owle

Owle Junior Member

I'm just talking about business dealings and it takes a dealer who personally ripped me off or was in other ways beyond the range of reasonable for me to refuse business with them.

4. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"If someone had violations in the past should that necessarily make him a criminal??"

Yes. Yes. YES.

After switching to currency collecting I still buy the occasional 1oz gold coin. I will not deal with a criminal like Beeber even if he is the only dealer in town.

5. Owle

Owle Junior Member

I know many unethical dealers who have never been convicted--they are too sly for that. Do they rip people off, do they give one version of reality when buying and a different one when selling? You betcha! Dealers who are dumb enough to get caught are usually no worse than those who don't get caught.

ToppCatt and midas1 like this.
  6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"Jesus for example engaged in assault and battery against the money changers, was a tax criminal by some people's judgment and the Christian disciple Paul was a murderer."

Oh right, comparing a career criminal,Beebe,
    with Jesus & Paul.

Someone in this thread needs a reality check.

MKent likes this.
  7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

+1

8. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Hasn't Arthur Beebe suffered enough than to have him branded for the rest of his life? Let he that is without transgression cast the stones....I always found him fair on buy/sell spreads on pms.

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

He can return to precious metals at some point if he wishes. If he had been a licensed securities broker, he would be banned for life. So, in some ways, he caught a break. Personally I think I'd give a convicted murderer a second chance long before I would someone with sticky fingers.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well, he was just throwing the money changers out of church.......first proponent of separation of church and state (money). As for Paul......that was when he was Saul. The New Testament God is very forgiving.

midas1 likes this.
  11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"Hasn't Arthur Beebe suffered enough than to have him branded for the rest of his life?"

His criminal records only goes back fifty years.

12. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Apparently it was the wife who wanted the "Tiffany" bracelet. He claimed he didn't care about someone named "Tiffany" inscribed on a bracelet.

Il y a une femme dans toutes les affaires ; aussitôt qu'on me fait un rapport, je dis : « Cherchez la femme ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherchez_la_femme

Draft saved Draft deleted